Other Teams' Cuts

Packerraymond

7 minutes ago, Chili said:

First @ThatJerkDave then @St Vince and now @pgwingman

Why the sudden hate for Deguara? In various threads all three of you has suggested in some shape or form in favour of cutting Deguara within the last couple of hours 🤣

Hey now, I just pointed out that Deguara plays our FB role and that I'm not sure what makes him at that role.

I'll always have a special place in my heart for Deguara. His dad married my parents after all (throwback reference)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Hey now, I just pointed out that Deguara plays our FB role and that I'm not sure what makes him at that role.

I'll always have a special place in my heart for Deguara. His dad married my parents after all (throwback reference)

His dad married your wife*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chili said:

First @ThatJerkDave then @St Vince and now @pgwingman

Why the sudden hate for Deguara? In various threads all three of you has suggested in some shape or form in favour of cutting Deguara within the last couple of hours 🤣

Hate is a lot stronger than how I feel about Deguara.  I think he is perfectly fine.  But I think that we know what he is at this point.  I don't think there has been a ton of improvement from him, where I think we have seen Davis get better.  I kind of felt that a healthy Davis does everything that Deguara does and probably a lot of it better.  Then it kind of came down to do I want Deguara over Tenuta, Taylor, Wilson, Carpenter, Gaines, etc. and I don't really see the need.  I think the Packers obviously think differently.  

I can almost liken Deguara to DickRod.  He was fine.  Caught a few passes, was a good enough blocker, played special teams.  But I don't believe the organization was losing sleep about losing him.  Not necessarily replacement level, but replaceable.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pgwingman said:

I think you're right. But Moore is already off the roster (IR). Owens is your backup for Rudy Ford, who's already JAG. Wilson is probably your 53rd best player and probably gets cut when Stokes comes back?

Well, the first guy out when we went to the wire was Carpenter.  So, shows what I know.  Not that releasing Carpenter is a surprise.  Or that I don't know what the Packers were thinking is a surprise, I am just some jerk on the internet.  

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Well, the first guy out when we went to the wire was Carpenter.  So, shows what I know.  Not that releasing Carpenter is a surprise.  Or that I don't know what the Packers were thinking is a surprise, I am just some jerk on the internet.  

Don't sell yourself short. You're not just some jerk, you're THAT jerk.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm a little bit surprised nobody claimed Bailey Zappe from NE. He was actually pretty decent when he played last year. He would have been worth it as a developmental flyer. 

I almost tagged you when I saw he got cut. I know you liked him. 

• Like 1