Other Teams' Cuts

Packerraymond

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Zack Kuntz and Darius Rush are young guys I'd love to gamble on.

You beat me to it. I'll be stoked to get these kids. Kuntz is a tall athletic freak of a TE.  Rush, a 6'2 CB with long arms and a 4.36 40 time. Pick 138 in this years draft. Will have 4 years to develop both of these guys.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, St Vince said:

You beat me to it. I'll be stoked to get these kids. Kuntz is a tall athletic freak of a TE.  Rush, a 6'2 CB with long arms and a 4.36 40 time. Pick 138 in this years draft. Will have 4 years to develop both of these guys.

Just curious, who are you releasing to make room for them?

If I understand correctly, Tenuta will be released to make room for the LS.

I would suggest Caleb Jones, but he's coveted on this roster.

Newman would be a decent choice, but we don't have much depth on the IOL

Jonathon Ford is probably the next choice, but I think he provides decent run stopping you can't get from Wyatt/Brooks, Wooden.

McDuffie probably starts at ILB week 1 if Campbell can't go?

Tariq and Wilson are probably core STers

The safety room is really deep with mediocre talent, any one of those guys could be starters by Week 4

I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything, cause i like both of the names you listed. I'm just trying to think of two names I'd be comfortable with releasing and I'm struggling.

18 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Jonathon Ford is probably the next choice, but I think he provides decent run stopping you can't get from Wyatt/Brooks, Wooden.

The safety room is really deep with mediocre talent, any one of those guys could be starters by Week 4

I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything, cause i like both of the names you listed. I'm just trying to think of two names I'd be comfortable with releasing and I'm struggling.

Easy, I'd cut Deguara. The Packers are not going to give him a second contract anyway, so might as well cut bait now. 

And one of the mediocre back of the roster safeties who we can put on the PS.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I think your release candidates on this roster are: Wilson, Owens, and Moore.  

• Like 1

Man our Edge room is loaded but I'm greedy. Does anyone besides me see  that OLB Travis Gipson of the Bears is an upgrade over Hollins? 

I watch a lot of Bears games and he's always getting after the QB. He wasn't a system fit in their new 4-3 defense, the reason they moved on.

Sorry but I'll grab Gibson if available and try to get Hollins to the PS 

Edited by St Vince

39 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Newman is the obvious whipping boy, so go with him. 

36 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Easy, I'd cut Deguara. The Packers are not going to give him a second contract anyway, so might as well cut bait now. 

And one of the mediocre back of the roster safeties who we can put on the PS.

I'd agree with you, but it seems like Deguara is our starting FB for undetermined reasons.

28 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think your release candidates on this roster are: Wilson, Owens, and Moore.  

I think you're right. But Moore is already off the roster (IR). Owens is your backup for Rudy Ford, who's already JAG. Wilson is probably your 53rd best player and probably gets cut when Stokes comes back?