Who Gets #1 Seed in NFC?

footbull3196

Who gets the #1 seed in the NFC at the end of the season?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the #1 seed in the NFC at the end of the season?

• Philadelphia (10-2)
    • Minnesota (10-2)
    • New Orleans (9-3)
    • LA Rams (9-3)
    • Seattle (8-4)

On 12/15/2017 at 6:09 AM, TENINCH said:

Rodgers is back. Buy your Super Bowl Tickets!!

It's not Rodgers that's the problem. That defense is one of the worst in the NFL right now and I'm not sure even Rodgers can overcome that.

Exactly.  It's a team game.  Having a good quarterback is obviously a big piece of the puzzle, and that can win games against average opponents, but in the playoffs, you need more than just a good QB.   No offense to the Pack, but I just don't think this is their year. 

On 12/13/2017 at 2:06 PM, Uncle Buck said:

Even at home, I worry about the Bears.  I worry about them MUCH more than the Packers.  The Bears always seem to play us tough.  Even when they are in a down year, I don't sleep on them.  Vikings fans may remember that in 2009 they were having a terrible season and we were arguably the best team in the league.  We lost to them in Week 15, and that loss cost us the home field advantage against New Orleans in the NFCCG.  I don't sweat the Bengals or the Packers, but the Bears are definitely a worry.

I think you just jinxed Chicago lol

Green Bay will be tough. They're a team we probably should split with if both teams are healthy.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I'm not concerned about Foles. If the defense can find itself again, I think the Eagles will be alright.

Not to kick you while you're down but alright is a far cry from in the Super Bowl. The Eagles will be alright, but I don't see them beating Minnesota, LA, or NO with Foles at QB.

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Not to kick you while you're down but alright is a far cry from in the Super Bowl. The Eagles will be alright, but I don't see them beating Minnesota, LA, or NO with Foles at QB.

You're entitled to your opinion. Today's game has reaffirmed mine that in that Foles isn't going to hold us back.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

You're entitled to your opinion. Today's game has reaffirmed mine that in that Foles isn't going to hold us back.

You played the Giants, dude. Foles averaged less than 10 yards per completion. The Giants are a far cry from the top teams in the NFC. I'm as disappointed as you are that Wentz is injured, but you gotta be realistic, my friend.

Just now, jrry32 said:

You played the Giants, dude. Foles averaged less than 10 yards per completion. The Giants are a far cry from the top teams in the NFC. I'm as disappointed as you are that Wentz is injured, but you gotta be realistic, my friend.

Keep doubting the Eagles, I appreciate it. Jared Goff also averaged less than 10 yards per completion, so we can pretty much discount the Rams from winning it all as well.

Giants aren't a good team, but they played well against us early in the season as well. If you watch the game, you'd understand that Foles, and the offense as a whole were not a concern in this game at all.

Until the Eagles lay an egg, I'm not going to be convinced that they aren't still in this.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

Keep doubting the Eagles, I appreciate it. Jared Goff also averaged less than 10 yards per completion, so we can pretty much discount the Rams from winning it all as well.

Giants aren't a good team, but they played well against us early in the season as well. If you watch the game, you'd understand that Foles, and the offense as a whole were not a concern in this game at all.

Until the Eagles lay an egg, I'm not going to be convinced that they aren't still in this.

LOl your defense is fugazzi as hell.. manning lit you guys up like a Christmas tree twice..

With WRs fresh off the greyhound from Alberta Canada’! And even one of them

flew from Ireland .

Giants offense vs Eagles this year: 459.5 YPG. Giants offense against all other teams this year: 286.3 YPG.

dont give me that crap Eli is a great qb and a it’s a division foe.. Wilson lit you guys up and we undressed that dude today. 

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Wrong. Goff averaged 14 years per ATTEMPT against the Giants:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/400951758

The Giants are 2-12. They're a terrible team.

I don't care if Foles and the offense aren't a concern against the Giants. You're not playing 2-12 teams in the playoffs. Foles isn't going to get you two wins over top teams in the NFC. Hey, feel free to be optimistic. I'm glad that you believe you're in it. But I'm just being real with you.

QBs that the Giants have made look good this year:

Trevor Siemian (375+ passing yards)

C.J. Beathard (300+ total yards, 3 TDs, 120+ QB rating)

Dak Prescott (after a 4 game stretch with a 2/5 INT/TD ratio, Prescott threw for 330+, 3 TDs, and a 130+ QB rating)

Jameis Winston (11/8 TD/INT ratio against not the Giants, 3 TDs, no INTs, against the Giants)

Nick Foles

Playing the Giants has been a way for bad QBs to look good, for struggling QBs to find a rhythm, and for great QBs to go ham. With the exception of Alex Smith, but I don't want to talk about that. Foles playing well against them is meaningless. Foles has made a solid career playing well against bad teams and bad defenses. It's nothing new.

16 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

QBs that the Giants have made look good this year:

Trevor Siemian (375+ passing yards)

C.J. Beathard (300+ total yards, 3 TDs, 120+ QB rating)

Dak Prescott (after a 4 game stretch with a 2/5 INT/TD ratio, Prescott threw for 330+, 3 TDs, and a 130+ QB rating)

Jameis Winston (11/8 TD/INT ratio against not the Giants, 3 TDs, no INTs, against the Giants)

Nick Foles

Playing the Giants has been a way for bad QBs to look good, for struggling QBs to find a rhythm, and for great QBs to go ham. With the exception of Alex Smith, but I don't want to talk about that. Foles playing well against them is meaningless. Foles has made a solid career playing well against bad teams and bad defenses. It's nothing new.

Foles is fine. We aren't expecting him to come in and be Carson, he just needs to manage the game and make the easy throws. The real worry is the defense, because they were supposed to be able to carry the team to wins with Foles at QB. The DBs today were atrocious and reminded me of 2016. If the defense plays that poorly the rest of the way, the Eagles might as well not show up to the playoffs. But completely writing off a team in the NFL isn't wise. I acknowledge the Eagles have little to no chance of winning the SB, but weird things happen in the NFL. Maybe they will catch some magic at the perfect time, maybe they bomb out in the divisional round, only time will tell.

If I'm being honest, I like the Under Dog, No expectations, Can't win without player A,B,C,D and E mentality Fans and Media having taken since Wentz went down. Sure Beats the hell out of being the Odds on Favorite from the NFC with all the Pressure that entails.

That's not to say I'm enthused in the least about Nick Foles playing instead of Wentz let me be clear but this obsession some of you have now that the Eagles have no chance is absurd! Like it or Not there is a 98% chance the Eagles get HFA through out. In a stadium where the Eagles are currently undefeated, clearly play better and feed off the crowd. Yes there's other places where that occurs other then the 12th man? Against Potential teams they've already beat on the road in "their houses" like LA and Carolina. Playing against potential Dome teams like NO, ATL and Minny outdoors in the cold nasty conditions of Philadelphia in late January.

You want to knock their chances because they lost a Potential League MVP , I totally understand. However don't for a second sit there and suggest the Eagles are not "STILL" a Complete Team that's Won 12 GM's thus far. Carried at times by the Defense, at times by ST and still to this current day, by the Offense . More then the one Player Machine some of you are making them out to be.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

If I'm being honest, I like the Under Dog, No expectations, Can't win without player A,B,C,D and E mentality Fans and Media having taken since Wentz went down. Sure Beats the hell out of being the Odds on Favorite from the NFC with all the Pressure that entails.

That's not to say I'm enthused in the least about Nick Foles playing instead of Wentz let me be clear but this obsession some of you have now that the Eagles have no chance is absurd! Like it or Not there is a 98% chance the Eagles get HFA through out. In a stadium where the Eagles are currently undefeated, clearly play better and feed off the crowd. Yes there's other places where that occurs other then the 12th man? Against Potential teams they've already beat on the road in "their houses" like LA and Carolina. Playing against potential Dome teams like NO, ATL and Minny outdoors in the cold nasty conditions of Philadelphia in late January.

You want to knock their chances because they lost a Potential League MVP , I totally understand. However don't for a second sit there and suggest the Eagles are not "STILL" a Complete Team that's Won 12 GM's thus far. Carried at times by the Defense, at times by ST and still by the Offense . More then the one Player Machine some of you are making them to be.

The Eagles were always the favorite to maintain their HFA, even with Wentz out, though Minny was a darkhorse to catch them till they lost that game recently.  Come playoff time, some of those "dome teams" you mentioned are still going to be capable of playing in the adverse conditions.  New Orleans is best when they are a running team, not to mention Brees has gone into Philly come playoff time and won in the past so he knows what to expect and Atlanta can rely on their very good running backs as well to help limit the need for a passing game.

The Eagles have just gone from favorites to win the conference, to being vulnerable as Wentz to Foles is a massive downgrade and in a system that we haven't been able to see how a replacement QB can do over a long period of time, like we have through previous years of a team like the Patriots.

Archived