Best Players cut?

Ozzy

6 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Just becaue he was a 3rd round pick doesn't make him good. He was terribad in Atlanta.

Sure, but he was also super young coming into the league and clearly not ready when he was thrown out there.  Then he was hurt what all of last year so is clearly behind the eight ball.  Maybe his career is over but I would hope someone so young can turn it around and maybe be a decent backup but sure possibly his career is straight done and it can happen just that quickly.  Where in only 2 years in the league and 3rd one would be out of it...

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Sure, but he was also super young coming into the league and clearly not ready when he was thrown out there.  Then he was hurt what all of last year so is clearly behind the eight ball.  Maybe his career is over but I would hope someone so young can turn it around and maybe be a decent backup but sure possibly his career is straight done and it can happen just that quickly.  Where in only 2 years in the league and 3rd one would be out of it...

Some team might pick him up for the draft pedigree, but he was so bad that they cut him 4 days before everyone else. He doesn't play with any heart. There just isn't the effort there in he game he needs to succeed.

53 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Definitely shocking. Not sure how he didn't make it in NE, especially given the state of their QB room.

He's really bad. He may come back if cleared waivers, but he has no traits better than Jones (he's almost like a dollar store Jones and Jones is a dollar store QB), and he's been terrible this off-season. Did you see his pre-season game performance last week?

He's a good backup to Jones, and in that sense, I was surprised to see him released. But again I wouldn't be surprised to see him return. 

I'm shocked at the high draft picks that got cut.

Titans didn't really cut anyone that talented.  Eric Garror (UDFA rookie with good preseason showings), Chance Campbell (athletic LB), and Michael Dwumfour (DL with 2 sacks and 3 TFLs in preseason) are the closest ones.  None looked like real difference makers, but I'd still prefer each one to be on the roster over some guys they kept.

26 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

he's been terrible this off-season. Did you see his pre-season game performance last week?

No I haven't watched him, but he was pretty good last year in spot duty. I thought he was going to push to possibly start this year. Hadn't heard anything about his performances.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Kemoko Turay

I liked him coming out of Rutgers, I think he could be a solid package guy who can get you 7 sacks 

8 hours ago, Trojan said:

Maurice Hurst (he's reportedly returning to CLE after "bookkeeping" though)

This shouldn't even have happened, he has been lights out compared to Jordan Elliot who continues to get a free pass 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Jaylen Twyman

I really liked him coming out, I wonder why he didn't work out. I thought he had a really nice pass rush game for an interior guy 

11 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Alex Leatherwood, OG

I would love to see what a guy like Bill Callahan could do with him 

44 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

No I haven't watched him, but he was pretty good last year in spot duty. I thought he was going to push to possibly start this year. Hadn't heard anything about his performances.

Hasn’t/can’t pick up BoB’s offense.

40 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I would sign and IR Andrew Verhees rather than than get Leatherwood

I liked Vorhees quite a bit coming out, but that injury may mean him being sidelined for the season.  Hard to justify keeping him on a roster if you know he won't play.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I liked Vorhees quite a bit coming out, but that injury may mean him being sidelined for the season.  Hard to justify keeping him on a roster if you know he won't play.

That is what IR is for.  I know Leatherwood is going to suck.  i have seen enough of Vorhees to project how he might do once healed.  I would gamble on Vorhees turning ito a lunchpail OG that plays for 10 seasons over Leatherwood developing into anything.

10 hours ago, Soko said:

I’m pretty surprised Houston cut Desmond King. 

So are we - I believe the plan is going with Derek Stingley, Steven Nelson and Shaquill Griffin, with Nelson manning the slot and Griffin taking boundary work on 3WR sets. 

I liked King, thought he’d be a fixture in the secondary. Oh well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scar988 said:

I wanted Ben Cleveland. 

Isn't he a backup on the Ravens?  Honestly with all the crazy hype he got, that dude has disappointed I would say.  Some workout warrior but is clearly not as rare athletically as his lumberjack videos made it seem....  John Simpson took his place or even the rookie Aumavae-Laulu who was a 6th round pick...

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

So are we - I believe the plan is going with Derek Stingley, Steven Nelson and Shaquill Griffin, with Nelson manning the slot and Griffin taking boundary work on 3WR sets. 

I liked King, thought he’d be a fixture in the secondary. Oh well.

So was King playing well, is odd, because honestly keeping only three good corners is nuts.  You need at least 4 or 5 if not 6 corners who can play.  Griffin has a major injury history and so does Stingley with his college stuff.  Would be shocked if all three of them played all season long.  Their safety duo is great though with Ward and Pitre, super versatile and Ward can play slot if they want.  Even Eric Murray was a corner in college and he is a backup safety so I guess they have some versatility there, heck MJ Stewart was a corner in college as well as their other backup safety.