2023 College Football Thread

Norm

5 hours ago, Tperk said:

Thoughts on the "phantom" call against the Hawkeyes on DeJeans punt return TD today? Seemed like a pretty bad call against Iowa that would have likely given them a victory today.

They were essentially gifted a TD on their only TD drive with a couple of bad calls, so I wouldn’t cry much for them. 

10 hours ago, Tperk said:

Thoughts on the "phantom" call against the Hawkeyes on DeJeans punt return TD today? Seemed like a pretty bad call against Iowa that would have likely given them a victory today.

It's a call where I'd be mad about it being called if I was an Iowa fan, and mad about it not being called if I was a MIN fan.  Both sides have a valid argument. 

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

Georgia is just proving that they don't care about the safety of their fans.  This weather is out of control, fans could be hurt! Somebody thing about the children!

Yes, the lightening was so often and so bright that it makes it look like a sunny day!  What a irresponsible decision to continue!

• Like 2

It's so sad when the announcers don't know the rules. Pittsburgh receiver is going in for a TD. He fumbles at the one and it goes into the endzone. A FSU guys come in from out of bounds and recovers it but didn't establish himself inbounds prior to the recovery. It doesn't matter, it's a touchback since the guy who fumbled it didn't recover. It's like he fumbled it forward, into the endzone and out of bounds, touchback. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

I've watched Florida State play about 4 games. I haven't seen Jared Verse make an impact play. I don't get why he is so highly rated. He doesn't have the amazing burst off the LOS and he doesn't seem to have a great pass rush repertoire. 

Edited by Old Guy

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

If I could just put the two of them together, I may have an on target pass!

wait... I mean the WRs suck fire Drink! Cook can't cook with bad ingredients!

Def a bad route.. QB didn't know he was gonna jog

NO THE SAFETY WAS GOING TO KILL HIM