2023 College Football Thread

Norm

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Still? He didn't win anything as a coach. 

He's collecting $75M to not coach A&M.  And I believe I read somewhere that there wasn't off-set language, so he sees the entirety of that $75M regardless of whether or not another program hires him.

44 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's collecting $75M to not coach A&M.  And I believe I read somewhere that there wasn't off-set language, so he sees the entirety of that $75M regardless of whether or not another program hires him.

Yes, I'm aware of the cash he's getting, and you are correct about the payout. My point was, he wasn't winning before. 

On 11/12/2023 at 10:38 AM, {Family Ghost} said:

It's a good WR school.  Sterling, Brooks, Deebo, Alshon Jeffrey, & Sidney Rice. 

I didn't realise Deebo was from SC. Sidney Rice was pretty aggressively meh aside from one year (one could probably say pretty much the same for Brooks but he's one of my great coulda-beens, that knee injury he suffered in 96 was devastating). 

But aside from Sterling, it pretty much appears SC WRs will give you a solid career and ONE All-Pro caliber season.