2024 Draft

Ftn49

1 hour ago, Forge said:

We have a new forum mock going on. Wanted to go a different direction this time. 

Nobody I really, really loved at 31. No Newton available this time :(

Did the same thing as last time and made a very small trade down (this time even smaller as I swapped with NE and we swapped 4th round picks). Passed up Suamataia (Chiefs took him at 32) and then I passed on Jordan Morgan at 34. 

Instead I took the Kool Aid man...wanted to see how it turns out. 

It was between Guyton and Kool Aid for Baltimore.

If I had gone with K.A would you have picked Guyton??

Edited by DTMW78

7 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

It was between Guyton and Kool Aid for Baltimore.

If I had gone with K.A would you have picked Guyton??

Him or Suamatai. There wasn't anyone else at another position I would have taken. 

Screenshot-20240403-225819-Chrome.jpg

Moved up to 21 for Fashanu.. probably should have went DT instead of Wallace, but he's a great athlete and should contribute on special teams right off the bat

• Like 3

Barrows Mock: 

Round 1 - trade up with Dolphins to 21 for Amarius Mims (gave up 124 + 132 + 2025 third round)

Round 2 - Malachi Corley

Round 3 - Andru Phillips, CB, UK

Round 4 - Mohamed Kamara, EDGE, Colorado State

Round 5- Luke McCaffrey, WR

Round 6: Matt Goncalves, OL, Pitt 

Round 6: Tip Reiman, TE, IL

Round 7: Dylan Laube, RB, New Hampshire 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Barrows Mock: 

Round 1 - trade up with Dolphins to 21 for Amarius Mims (gave up 124 + 132 + 2025 third round)

Round 2 - Malachi Corley

Avoid Mims like the plague! As John Chapman brought up, if you didn't like the Kinlaw pick, why would you be excited to get Mims?!

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Barrows Mock: 

Round 2 - Malachi Corley

I think you have to give up more than that to go up 10 spots. Like the pick.

Just don't get the Corley love. He's fine but that's all. Better options in the 2nd round.

Like the Phillips/Kamara picks.

Meh on McCaffrey. Don't hate the player but....

No clue on the round 6 and 7 picks. Have not watched any of those players. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think you have to give up more than that to go up 10 spots. Like the pick.

Just don't get the Corley love. He's fine but that's all. Better options in the 2nd round.

Like the Phillips/Kamara picks.

Meh on McCaffrey. Don't hate the player but....

No clue on the round 6 and 7 picks. Have not watched any of those players. 

That kind of offer is probably okay for the jump. Really depends on what else is going on for the pick. We gave up just a third to go up from 31 to 18 to draft Eric reid (that draft was brutal).  The difference in terms of trade value chart is a third round pick (somewhere between 70-78), so two fourths and a future third could definitely get it done unless they have another option for a current third that they'd rather have (which I wouldn't blame them for...I'd rather have quality than quantity). 

I'd guess Corley pick is based in part on the fact that we have done so much due diligence on him. Top 30 visit, I think, but a couple of other meetings. 

I don't know anything about the TE, but Laube is a running back who is basically a receiver. More athletic than I thought he was going to be, but his primary weapon in usage is as a receiver. Think James White, maybe? 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I agree with this, I'm curious what's evolution for Kyle is at WR. I'm curious to see if someone like Xavier Worthy would Intrigue kyle. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

13 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I agree with this, I'm curious what's evolution for Kyleis  at WR. I'm curious to see if someone like Xavier Worthy would Intrigue kyle. 

Would fill another need as a returner too. Might be more worthwhile with the changes to kickoffs this year as well. 

I wouldn’t hate a Worthy pick and would definitely be excited about the possibilities in this offense.

46 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Size?

Size is definitely an issue for me.  Especially because he doesn't protect himself all that well imo and in order to protect him from himself, I don't think you want to utilize him in the middle of the field all that much. Think you'd rather go digs and outs as opposed to in-breakers which is a heavy part of the offense. I give him credit for trying to fight through defenders, great mentality to have...his body just isn't going to let him do it. 

But he's going to have to have space. He's never going to be a guy that consistently wins in tight coverage. And frankly, that can be problematic downfield. I think he tracks the ball pretty well overall (I think the downfield struggles this year were probably more of a product of Quinn Ewers) though I don't think he's elite at it (For example, I think Jermaine Burton, who I like a little more, is a much better tracker of the football downfield, even if he's worse on the sideline). But if your QB is underthrowing those passes or not putting it where it needs to be, I really don't think he can help you out. 

I just worry that you're not going to get 100% of the positives that he's got coming out, and I don't know how much his game can grow at the next level. 

Obviously he can be deadly in the short game. A third of his catches were behind the line this year. You just want the ball in his hands. Not sure it works as well as often at the NFL level but he's definitely going to have a utility and a role. For sure. Like, you're going to feed him stuff behind the line and see if the speed just rips apart a defense Tyreek Hill style. He's going to be an absolute cheat code on certain plays.

He's not my cup of tea though I don't want to make it seem l think he's undraftable or something. If he's there at 63 and we take him, that's fine to me. I mean, I don't like him relative to a lot of others who have him in the top 30 or something, but I think he's a top 60ish player in this draft. There are receivers who will go after that I like more though. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't know anything about the TE, but Laube is a running back who is basically a receiver. More athletic than I thought he was going to be, but his primary weapon in usage is as a receiver. Think James White, maybe? 

Reiman is more athlete than a good player at this point, he is one hell of an athlete though

A lot of people on twitter/in the draft space seem to be big fans of Mo Kamara. Feels like this years Yaya Diaby who also got quite a bit of hype as mid round prospect and turned out pretty well so far.

I don't know about Mims. Huge and can't run block, doesn't exactly scream 49ers OL to me.

• Like 1