Who are the most surprising busts and the least surprising busts you have seen?

Kiwibrown

Im going to answer this as a OSU fan and not a NFL fan but Jeff Okudah.

I thought out of all of them Marshon Lattimore, Denzel Ward, Bradley Roby, ect Jeff Okudah was the easiest bet for being the best of the bunch and at the time, the next Jalen Ramsey.

I still till this day don't understand how/where/why the wheels fell of the tracks.

Edited by AkronsWitness

28 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I thought out of all of them Marshon Lattimore, Denzel Ward, Bradley Roby, ect Jeff Okudah was the easiest bet for being the best of the bunch and at the time, the next Jalen Ramsey.

I still till this day don't understand how/where/why the wheels fell of the tracks.

Do we consider AJ hawk a bust? That would be my pick. Watching him in college thought he was going to be an elite linebacker in the NFL for a decade

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Do we consider AJ hawk a bust? That would be my pick. Watching him in college thought he was going to be an elite linebacker in the NFL for a decade

Ehh. AJ Hawk made a Pro Bowl and is the leading tackler in Packers history. Granted I know where your coming from, I think everyone expected a Patrick Willis type career, but he was far from a actual bust. I think he underachieved with expectations rather than busted.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Coming in with the Covid year and no training camp, to a team with a disastrous coaching staff, with pressure from being drafted too high, then getting injured, so very little development in his first two seasons, none of that helped him

But even after that he had a solid opportunity to get back on track, and showed very little in the way of ball skills or NFL level coverage ability, and had a way of going off script rather than doing his assignment. The one thing he showed last year was good run support, but even that faded down the stretch as he had missed tackles.

Maybe in Atlanta's system he'll be a better fit and get it together, but I believe he is what he's shown so far.

Edited by Superduperman

4 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Coming in with the Covid year and no training camp, to a team with a disastrous coaching staff, with pressure from being drafted too high, then getting injured, so very little development in his first two seasons, none of that helped him

But even after that he had a solid opportunity to get back on track, and showed very little in the way of ball skills or NFL level coverage ability, and had a way of going off script rather than doing his assignment. The one thing he showed last year was good run support, but even that faded down the stretch as he had missed tackles.

Maybe in Atlanta's system he'll be a better fit and get it together, but I believe he is what he's shown so far.

I'm hoping that a change of scenery will do him some good, similar to Eli Apple who was a late bloomer once he left the NYG.

With Okudah I still have faith, he simply has too much natural talent to not be at least a CB2 in this league. Hopefully a change in schemes, a new place and being healthy finally will clear his head of the draft expectations and he can get back to being Jefe

Edited by AkronsWitness

mitch trubisky was an incredibly whatever college quarterback who i saw a lot of as a miami fan who caught a bunch of ACC games. to me he was very obviously a career-backup level talent and i thought it was completely insane that he went in the first round at all, let alone 2 overall. he was a totally unsurprising bust for me.

on the flipside, i thought chance warmack was a guaranteed plus starter at OG and it seemed like basically everyone else thought so too, but man was he disappointing. definitely a surprise bust.

Not Surprising: Paxton Lynch, Clelin Ferrell,  Drew Lock, Jarvis Moss, DHB, Noah Fant. thought all these guys were going to suck since they were prospects.

Surprising- Chance Warmack- thought he was gonna be a stud.

Bradley Chubb- Thought he was going to be a wrecking ball for us. Turns out he was/is made of paper maché. 

TJ Hockenson- thought he was gonna be a tier below Kelce with Elite Blocking. At least put up 1000 yard season by now. Has not been productive enough

Edited by BullsandBroncos

Most obvious bust: EJ Manuel - How the hell that kid went in the first round, I'll never know.

Playing off @BetterCallSaul for the next one...

Most surprising hit: Aaron Donald - Had a feeling he'd be good but had absolutely no inkling that he'd end up being a generational talent. 

Edited by beekay414

Least surprising are so many of the desperate QB reaches (whether due to play like the former two, or due to other obvious factors like the latter three): Christian Ponder, EJ Manuel, Vince Young, Johnny Manziel, Brandon Weeden

Most surprising: Zach Wilson

Hear me out (no? Ok, understandable). The past several years, the NFL has improved how they develop athletic QBs. Wilson tests great and has a cannon; he was also legitimately good in college. I thought he'd be what Hurts is (or was last year).