Possible Coaching Candidates If Hue Gets Fired

cortes02

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Why Reich? 

Like I said, purely personal connection. He was the president of the grad school that I graduated from for a few years in between his QB days and his coaching career. And I kinda like coaches who have done stuff out of football too. Not a requirement at all (I thought McVay/Shannahan were the best candidates last year), but it doesn't hurt.

I like Reich a lot as a guy. Would be happy with him, McDaniels, and a couple of those others.

Realistically, I don’t see Harbaugh, Gruden, or probably even McDaniels taking the Browns job. It’s too risky to give up those positions those guys are at now. Gruden or Harbaugh especially aren’t going anywhere unless it’s a really good situation.

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Like I said, purely personal connection. He was the president of the grad school that I graduated from for a few years in between his QB days and his coaching career. And I kinda like coaches who have done stuff out of football too. Not a requirement at all (I thought McVay/Shannahan were the best candidates last year), but it doesn't hurt.

Gotcha. Will do more research on him. 

59 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

If I had to pick and ideal coaching staff based off of who’s available and who I think will be available I would go 

HC: Shaw 

OC: Pep Hamilton 

DC: Steve Spagnola(SP?)

Would be nice, outside the box move but a few things about it. A) I like a lot of us watched that PAC-12 championship game, late in the game he basically blew the game by going for it on 4th and goal instead of getting the for sure points which ended up being the deciding factor of the game, bad risk. As much we complain about Hue and situations like that, it will be only a matter of time before people turn on him and question his decisions. B) I can see people complaining about his throwback offense (Which I know will evolve somewhat to the pro game but the concepts will be similar). 

Also, I think our defense would be so much better if we had even an average offense. Just think about how much our defense is on the field in every game, those guys should be exhausted after the game.

Just now, ditchdigger said:

I like Dave Fipp (Eagles ST Coordinator). I think he could be a lot like Sean McVay for us. Young, energetic, relatable, and free of ego. Out of all the young coaches in the league that I have looked into, he stands out to me.

@LETSGOBROWNIES, I finally have a name for you. Only took 10 weeks to find someone I like.

Plus we can call him Dave Fapp and that's enough to get anyone hired iyam.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2017 at 10:30 AM, bosko1616 said:

What about toub from KC. I honestly believe in the Tabor curse he’s been around way to long 

I have heard a lot about him. A lot of people like him. Also he won’t try to outsmart defense or offense because It’s not his speciality. Let him control the ST and then we can kill two birds with one stone by also getting rid of Tabor

Archived