GDT Week 2: Packers at Flacons

mikebpackfan

Walker practicing means he's close to completing the protocol so we should be at full strength on defense for Sunday. 

Offensive is a different story. Doubtful Jones or Watson will play. Going to be interesting to see how they approach the running game and I hope they give Wilson a real look. 

Edited by packfanfb

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Walker practicing means he's close to completing the protocol so we should be at full strength on defense for Sunday. 

Offensive is a different story. Doubtful Jones or Watson will play. Going to be interesting to see how they approach the running game and I hope they give Wilson a real look. 

We need to give Wilson some burn if Jones is out. Dillon on the fast turf is gonna get stuffed. I'm looking for a big game from Doubs and Musgrave this week. Hopefully Doubs will be a full go

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Going to be interesting to see how they approach the running game and I hope they give Wilson a real look. 

Yes, the Panthers ran very well vs Atlanta.  Interested to see how the Packers approach the running game.  Dillon, Taylor, and Wilson are all big similar backs.  Jones is much more of a home run threat, but would also like to see Wilson get a shot and see what he can do.

I'm not giving up on Dillon, I think his role becomes important as the temps drop later in the season. 

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Given they kept Wilson over Taylor on the initial 53, they clearly see him as RB3. He's going to get some touches. Dillon needs to show up bigtime in this game. Needs to prove he can be the featured back. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Given they kept Wilson over Taylor on the initial 53, they clearly see him as RB3. He's going to get some touches. Dillon needs to show up bigtime in this game. Needs to prove he can be the featured back. 

Dillon reminds me a lot of a poor man's Zeke Elliott in his latter days in Dallas. When there's a big hole to run through, he'll gain yards (as would just about any RB). When the hole isn't right in front of him, he simply does not have the vision, agility or even really the power (because he runs too upright) to create anything on his own. Add in that he's not a factor in the passing game. 

If I'm MLF, I'm splitting his carries with Wilson if not leaning more towards Wilson. If this game was in January at Lambeau, yea, I'd lean towards Dillon, but not in Atlanta on this surface. 

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Dillon reminds me a lot of a poor man's Zeke Elliott in his latter days in Dallas. When there's a big hole to run through, he'll gain yards (as would just about any RB). When the hole isn't right in front of him, he simply does not have the vision, agility or even really the power (because he runs too upright) to create anything on his own. Add in that he's not a factor in the passing game. 

If I'm MLF, I'm splitting his carries with Wilson if not leaning more towards Wilson. If this game was in January at Lambeau, yea, I'd lean towards Dillon, but not in Atlanta on this surface. 

I'd be very concerned with Wilson's blocking abilities against a pretty good pass rush............

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

A poor mans zeke during his later time with the cowboys is a low blow.

Edited by HokieHigh