GDT Week 2: Packers at Flacons

mikebpackfan

MLF was asked about Emmanual Wilson in yesterday's press conference.  "If Aaron can't go on Sunday, could that be an opportunity for Emmanuel to get some of his first game action, especially with just that perimeter threat he presents?"  "Yeah, absolutely.  He would be the next man up.  So, if that is the case, he'll be ready to go."  

MLF could have answered in a way befitting #4 getting injury-bumped up to #3, but still not necessarily getting any touches.  But "absolutely", "next man up" makes me think Wilson might perhaps get some snaps and touches beside or instead of Taylor, if Jones is hypothetically out?  

5 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

It's tough to know anything about anyone.... several times a season a team walks into what should be a lighter and barely escapes or gets upset. That's the NFL. 

Issue being on week 1 (and 2) we have that super-small sample size, so we don't know what is and what isn't an aberration 

When it comes to the week 1 wins for GB and ATL, I've just seen a lot of the "it was only CHI" and/or "it was only CAR" comments.  To a certain extent, I even agree.  Those are expected to be two of the worst teams in the league, so it's tough to take too much away from teams beating them in week 1.  Whoever starts 2-0 between GB/ATL, you start taking that team a little more seriously.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

With Taylor up, I'm expecting no Aaron Jones tomorrow. Hopefully Watson is good to go, even if it's on a snap count like Doubs was last week

Was thinking the same thing, but you gotta be patient with those hamstrings.  Tear it and you're gone for the year.   

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I had both of them on my 53 prediction.  How many weeks can they be called up before losing eligibility? 

3. It'll be interesting to see what happens to both guys. Are they hoping Wilson gets up to speed with the full playbook? Are they hoping AJJ can endear himself to rich? Do they think injuries will just figure this thing out for them?

SPECIAL TEAMS LEADERS

Leavitt 22, Owens 20, Gaines 19, McDuffie 19, Wilson 19, Deguara 14, Savage 12

Edited by HighCalebR

32 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

With Taylor up, I'm expecting no Aaron Jones tomorrow. Hopefully Watson is good to go, even if it's on a snap count like Doubs was last week

I don't think Taylor really has anything to do with Jones. I think Wilson HAS to be active. I don't think we really know what Jones will do until we see it.

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

I think Taylor was coming up regardless, but I don't expect Jones to play with no practice. I'll be surprised if Watson doesn't play.

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Defense is at full strength. They need to set the tone again. No reason not to load the box and press these guys for every yard. Make Ridder beat you down field...if he even can.

Agree.  Barry needs to be aggressive and let Jaire cover London.  Force Ridder to make multiple throws downfield