GDT Week 2: Packers at Flacons

mikebpackfan

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Jones and Watson both not playing per Schefter. Not surprised given we are early in the season and how cautious we are with injuries. 

MLF is going to need a heck of a plan without 33 in there. 

Not surprising tbh especially given that our medical staff generally tends to be very conservative with injuries.

Just getting my mind right for the game. Atlanta is a team I just dislike.  On some level, I like all of the other NfCS teams but ATL always seems like that cocky kid who’s never that good and definitely not as good as he talks. Zero redeeming qualities. I know they are also in their rebuilding process and have some talent, but I want to go down there and punch these carpet turf, dome playing birds in the mouth! Let’s play some old school, hard nosed NFCN ball and take it to them in all phases!

Assuming Jones is out, this will be a big day for Dillon to show what he brings to the offense.  He'll never be a Jones replacement, but he was never supposed to be that.  Another poor showing from him, and I have to think MLF starts considering his other options more seriously.

Atlanta's defense should be way tougher than Bears.  But last week, even with Watson out, there were receivers and Musgrave open enough for Love pretty routinely.  Hopefully Watson being out won't change that this week, and Love will again have opportunities.  

If they are doing a lot of running plays and short passes, that could be kinda clock-killing.  Packers like the clock-killing drives, too.  Might be a game where the clock rolls and the number of actual possessions is modest?  Games like that can often hinge on a few critical plays.  Or, might be a game where neither offense is that good, so both teams are punting fairly quickly, and both offenses get a decent number of possessions?  

6 minutes ago, craig said:

Atlanta's defense should be way tougher than Bears.  But last week, even with Watson out, there were receivers and Musgrave open enough for Love pretty routinely.  Hopefully Watson being out won't change that this week, and Love will again have opportunities.  

If they are doing a lot of running plays and short passes, that could be kinda clock-killing.  Packers like the clock-killing drives, too.  Might be a game where the clock rolls and the number of actual possessions is modest?  Games like that can often hinge on a few critical plays.  Or, might be a game where neither offense is that good, so both teams are punting fairly quickly, and both offenses get a decent number of possessions?  

I wonder if Bakhtiari will be out too....its on turf.  

13 minutes ago, craig said:

I'm not convinced of that. They really don't seem to have a lot of pass rush juice. Other than Jessie Bates their secondary isn't that great either. I think Troy Anderson was their best linebacker and he's out. 

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

I keep hearing about how good Wicks looks in practice.  Hopefully he can stay healthy and that stuff will start showing up on Sunday's.  There are so many young guys on this team that are looking for that break out game.  It's getting tough to keep track.

Well...try and keep up :)

15 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm not convinced of that. They really don't seem to have a lot of pass rush juice. Other than Jessie Bates their secondary isn't that great either. I think Troy Anderson was their best linebacker and he's out. 

Don't sleep on Jarrett and Onyemata. Better than anything the Bears had. Big day for Myers and Runyan inside.

• Like 1