Browns v Stillers: A GDT (if it’s deemed acceptable to Candy of course)

LETSGOBROWNIES

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Y’all know the drill, who wins?

2. 2. Do you due it?

3. 3. How are you Nate?

On 9/12/2023 at 9:40 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ngl, I’m not expecting a win here.

Why?  Because this ain’t my first rodeo.  

Maybe I’ve just been beaten into submission over the years… decades even, but this is the exact type of situation where we (the team, the fans, everyone) start feeling ourselves a bit too much and the Steelers do what they typically do and kick our teeth in physically and drag us back to reality on a national stage.

Hope I’m wrong.

I don't know.  Though I agree with you this won't be an easy game, I think this is exactly the kind of game we need to handle our business in if we are going to be taken seriously week to week.  Is it a trap game? Of course it is.  They are coming off a huge loss and we are coming off a huge win. We might be too confident and they will have a fire burning to get a win in the division.  That being said their best player on offense is out, and their second best player on defense is out.  We should be be able to handle the offensive line and throw on their secondary.  If that starts working then the running game will open up.

I agree that this will not be an easy game to win, but I feel like its a game not only we can and should win, but need to win if we want the kind of success we hope for this year.

I'm tired of taking losses we should win because its a division rival or we are not prepared.

I am more worried about the Ravens because they match up better against our defense and offense schematically., not because they are rivals

I don't want to just split the division anymore.  I want to win more games than we lose.

I watched the Quincy Carrier film breakdown of Watson and the Offense last night. I would agree with his assessment. He missed some throws. Could have been the weather, game 1, and trying to hold the ball to tight so it doesn’t slip. 

He had a few plays he should have gone a different option but overall he had a good game for week 1 in the conditions he was playing in. 

I still think he needs to play inside the system by keeping his eyes up field and slide when running. But hey he also made a few good plays with his legs that kept the drive going. 

52 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I don't know.  Though I agree with you this won't be an easy game, I think this is exactly the kind of game we need to handle our business in if we are going to be taken seriously week to week.  Is it a trap game? Of course it is.  They are coming off a huge loss and we are coming off a huge win. We might be too confident and they will have a fire burning to get a win in the division.  That being said their best player on offense is out, and their second best player on defense is out.  We should be be able to handle the offensive line and throw on their secondary.  If that starts working then the running game will open up.

I agree that this will not be an easy game to win, but I feel like its a game not only we can and should win, but need to win if we want the kind of success we hope for this year.

I'm tired of taking losses we should win because its a division rival or we are not prepared.

I am more worried about the Ravens because they match up better against our defense and offense schematically., not because they are rivals

I don't want to just split the division anymore.  I want to win more games than we lose.

None of this is wrong, but we’ve said stuff like this plenty of times before. I get that things SHOULD be different this time, but I need to see it to believe it.

36 minutes ago, JDD said:

I watched the Quincy Carrier film breakdown of Watson and the Offense last night. I would agree with his assessment. He missed some throws. Could have been the weather, game 1, and trying to hold the ball to tight so it doesn’t slip. 

He had a few plays he should have gone a different option but overall he had a good game for week 1 in the conditions he was playing in. 

I still think he needs to play inside the system by keeping his eyes up field and slide when running. But hey he also made a few good plays with his legs that kept the drive going. 

I think he also needs to be ok with looking for less homer runs and more singles and doubles when the conditions aren’t in his favor.  

This is an offense that can nickel and dime scores with out running game.  We don’t NEED big plays to get in the end zone.

On 9/12/2023 at 9:35 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Week 2.  The first place and undefeated Browns travel to play the winless, last place Steelers on Monday night. Yes, you read correctly.

Hopefully it’s an exciting game, I’m gonna need it to stay awake as I’m too old for prime time games.   I know you boomers understand.

Discuss.

Monday Routine.....get a nap in starting at 5:45-7:45......IJS!!! 🤣

• Like 2

I actually expect to win this one. I feel almost as confident as I did when we beat them in our playoff game.

It will be very tight, but we’re similar to the 49ers who just boat raced the Steelers who won’t have Diontae Johnson or Cam Heyward.

The Steelers lack of athleticism at LB got them torched last week. That’s not magically going to be fixed.

I don’t care what history says. The Alabama Crimson Tide hadn’t lost at home to a non-conference team in 16 years (only lost at home once and that was to Joe Burrow). Then Texas smashed them on Saturday.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 9:40 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ngl, I’m not expecting a win here.

Why?  Because this ain’t my first rodeo.  

Maybe I’ve just been beaten into submission over the years… decades even, but this is the exact type of situation where we (the team, the fans, everyone) start feeling ourselves a bit too much and the Steelers do what they typically do and kick our teeth in physically and drag us back to reality on a national stage.

Hope I’m wrong.

f5c7d206-524e-47d3-a269-c017af249331_tex

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3