• 2024 Draft Prospects •

WizardHawk

On 1/21/2024 at 11:09 PM, plan9misfit said:

Basically do to him what we did to Mazi Smith

Something has been up with Mazi since he refused to workout during the pre-draft process.

I am super skeptical that the blame for this falls on the Cowboys (other than the blame they deserve for drafting him in the first place) and not Mazi himself.

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Something has been up with Mazi since he refused to workout during the pre-draft process.

I am super skeptical that the blame for this falls on the Cowboys (other than the blame they deserve for drafting him in the first place) and not Mazi himself.

Whatever the reason is, I don’t like it, and I want it fixed.

Kiper’s 1st rd mock.

24 - Jordan Morgan - OT - Arizona

Morgan has been a popular pick in recent weeks. ACL injury late in ‘22, but he played really well this season. 
Per PFF he graded at 83.1, allowing 2 sacks and 13 hurries in 477 passing reps. 2022 was similar.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Kiper’s 1st rd mock.

Morgan has been a popular pick in recent weeks. ACL injury late in ‘22, but he played really well this season. 
Per PFF he graded at 83.1, allowing 2 sacks and 13 hurries in 477 passing reps. 2022 was similar.

You know, I’d love to see penalty counts and types on players. Wish these prospects had those numbers on their charts. 

21 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

You know, I’d love to see penalty counts and types on players. Wish these prospects had those numbers on their charts. 

Best I could find was for ‘22 season… 2 penalties in 670 snaps 

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Kiper’s 1st rd mock.

I keep saying OL would be the smart pick....

....for a team that didn't retain both MM and Dak after a third straight early playoff exit.

Given this teams unique and specific situation, it's still a smart pick as it addresses an upcoming need before it truly becomes a pressing need, and gives them both versatility and insurance with Tyron and Zach aging and growing question marks on the line. But is it the most helpful? Id have to argue that it would not be.

If they are set on rolling the dice with this roster and coach again. Then they need to wheel and deal to seal the deal, as I said somewhere else and really liked lol. They need to spend that pick on someone that comes in on day one and has a noticeable and immediate impact in the way teams have to play our team. Either by using it to select a player or by trading it for a player. I'd be on board with sending it to Vegas for Adams, or Cincinnati for one of their three star receivers. Maybe trading back with Houston and getting their second rounder or something to bring in Dameon Pierce. Something, anything, that instantly changes the way Dallas approaches their offense or defense and that teams playing Dallas have to change their plan of attack against our offense and defense.

Otherwise at that point, keeping everything as it has been, we are just beating a dead horse, one that has already started decomposing.

Go big or go home. Really do this thing with Mike and Dak. Or don't do it at all.

I previously said I doubt we’d end up taking a center in the first round, largely because I’d heard how good the OT class is, and the supply of 1st round caliber Cs is less than one per year.

I take that back. Both Graham Barton and Jackson Powers-Johnson are awesome, definitely worthy of consideration at #24. Early favorites for me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Need a really good ILB and Safety - not sure if they’ll find them in FA or Deaft but if we’re going to win it all this year, those holes need to be filled

It’s going to be determined on what happens with LVE. He was looking good up until that neck injury. Is it a career ender? Will he retire? 

also don’t forget we have Overshown coming back as well. He is very promising as long as his ACL is good to go. 

14 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Need a really good ILB and Safety - not sure if they’ll find them in FA or Deaft but if we’re going to win it all this year, those holes need to be filled

They just re-signed Donovan Wilson and Malik Hooker, and each of them have multiple years left on their contract. They have two young guys that could compete for the Kearse role in Bell and Thomas. I wouldn’t hold your breath that we invest in a safety. 

Re: linebacker, yeah, something has to give here. LVE is done. Bell can’t be a true LB. Clark was lost out there. And Overshown looked promising, but who knows. I think round 2 might be a sweet spot.