Sam Howell is the best QB from last years sraft

Vladimir L

3 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Past two weeks sacks have gone down and play calling has improve 

Yes - that’s what I said in 3rd paragraph.   I don’t think the TO vulnerability goes away completely but not taking 3-4 sacks a game because he’s hanging on the ball way too long would be massive.  

8 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Yes - that’s what I said in 3rd paragraph.   I don’t think the TO vulnerability goes away completely but not taking 3-4 sacks a game because he’s hanging on the ball way too long would be massive.  

I think maybe the TO thing is a bit overstated due to the Bills game. And it was a very bad game but it was a bit of an outlier. Its his only multi-interception game of the season and without that start he has 5 picks on the season. He's also being asked to throw the ball a ton. He has 20 more pass attempts than the next closest QB (Mahomes) and 6 of the 9 QBs who have 300 or more attempts have 7+ interceptions on the season including guys like Mahomes, Allen, Hurts and Tua. You obviously can't hand wave away the Bills game and it was an awful game for him but that one start pulls down his numbers a lot. Its unfortunate because I think if he played them again he would look a lot different. But then again, he may be high on PFF's turnover worthy throw rate as I'll have to look into that but I know he's now tops in their big time throw category although I don't put much weight into PFF grades anymore. I can say as a fan of the team, I'm excited and I'm probably being a bit of a homer in my defense of him. 

I didn't pay a lot of attention to the 2022 QB class. I think Pickett, Willis, Corral, Strong etc got a lot of the hype

But Howell & Purdy are the 2 best QB's of that class. And however you rank them, they're 2nd and 3rd even if you include the 2021 class which was hyped up to be way better, only Lawrence is above from those 2 years.

26 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I don’t understand why he fell so far. He was my QB1 the whole time. Regression in his final season? I feel like the whole team blew up around him. No idea why they didn’t play him much last season when they were so desperate for a shot in the arm. 

He lost a bunch of oline and wr had a production drop off 

but I rather have a college qb who doesn’t throw to the best wr and doesn’t have the best line prepares them more for the nfl