Sam Howell is the best QB from last years sraft

Vladimir L

48 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

Even the crappy CBS commentators said it...

I think howell has some definite potential. Some of those passes were directly to broncos w no commander in sight. Why is it hard for you to see that?

Only saw one bad pas that was almost an int but guy was open he just tried to float the ball over the guy and it was tipped 

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

He has redone the undone done.  Obviously.  Seems clear enough to me.

Anyway...yeah.  Howell probably is the best from that class, but i'm not sure how much that really means in the grand scheme of things.  Might be Purdy too.  Maybe Pickett rebounds a bit.  Who knows.  But he's looking like the best bet right now.

OP makes a good point though, about making a push while he's on an absolutely dirt cheap contract.  If you're gonna make any noise with a guy like Howell as your QB...immediately is the time to do it.  When you can afford to spend like a drunken sailor on supporting cast everywhere else around him.  Capitalize like the Seahawks did when they stole Danger Russ in the 3rd round.

We have like 100 mil in cap space next year 

however we gotta pay sweat/young and curl

i imagine sweat will be 15-20 mío and curl 12 mil 

I thought he showed some serious moxy yesterday. His decision making on the whole was really impressive; I can't remember many throws that were into double coverage, or even risky at all to be honest. The TD to Terry was technically double coverage, but he'd beaten it so there was no way the underneath defender was going to make a play on the ball.

The accuracy on the short stuff would be a concern I'd say. A fair few balls behind, a few more low. That sort of stuff tends to be natural rather than something you develop at the next level. That said, there are definitely pieces to work with from what I saw as a Broncos fan. Love his athleticism and when he decides to use it, too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I thought he showed some serious moxy yesterday. His decision making on the whole was really impressive; I can't remember many throws that were into double coverage, or even risky at all to be honest. The TD to Terry was technically double coverage, but he'd beaten it so there was no way the underneath defender was going to make a play on the ball.

The accuracy on the short stuff would be a concern I'd say. A fair few balls behind, a few more low. That sort of stuff tends to be natural rather than something you develop at the next level. That said, there are definitely pieces to work with from what I saw as a Broncos fan. Love his athleticism and when he decides to use it, too.

Ya he missed some easy screen passes week 1 too. I agree on him needing to work on his short pass accuracy.

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya he missed some easy screen passes week 1 too. I agree on him needed to work on his short pass accuracy.

He keeps his eyes down the field a bit too much but growing pains of a young qb

reminds me of Borrow takes a lot of sacks and holds on to the ball looking for the big play he is sneaky athletic and can move around the pocket 

Howell looks good, but he also has zero pocket feel for the pass rush, and will take a lot of hits over the season. I'll be kinda surprised if he stays healthy all year with the rate he's getting hit, but he looks like another Kirk Cousins caliber QB.

Edited by Jeezla

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Howell looks good, but he also has zero pocket feel for the pass rush, and will take a lot of hits over the season. I'll be kinda surprised if he stays healthy all year with the rate he's getting hit, but he looks like another Kirk Cousins caliber QB.

He doesn't have zero feel he just tries to play hero ball. I'm not sure if Howell will ever become anything but he is much further along than Kirk was when he started here. Kirk was pretty bad until the "you like that" game. He took off after that and the rest is history but Kirk doesn't have the arm or the athletic ability Sam has. And that's not a slight at Kirk. I'd love for Sam to have the success Kirk has. 

• Like 2