Alan Williams Quits - Health/Family Related

Madmike90

40 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Why TF do the Bears screw this up? First Nate Davis and now Williams. Why not just say, "he is dealing with some personal health issues and when we have an update I will be sure to let everyone know". Why the f'ing secrecy and drama? Why cause speculation?

Are you crazy? Do you want the Chiefs to gain the advantage here? 

Edited by BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW
  • Like 3

Still beating this speculative drum here…

Dan Bernstein makes a great point in twitter - if Alan Williams is in good graces with the team, why resign?  Why not take a medical leave of absence?  Still have access to his healthcare and the resources of a multi billion dollar organization.  

• Like 2

The Bears statement speaks volumes while not saying anything at all. If he really resigned for health and family issues don’t you think the Bears would add in some sort of well wishes or quick recovery or that they’re standing with him? Nothing a very simple and vague “ we accepted his resignation “

Just now, howru8888 said:

The Bears statement speaks volumes while not saying anything at all. If he really resigned for health and family issues don’t you think the Bears would add in some sort of well wishes or quick recovery or that they’re standing with him? Nothing a very simple and vague “ we accepted his resignation “

Based on the strangeness around this situation the simplest and IMO most likely explanation is that Eberflus decided after week 1 he would take over defensive playcalling, Williams was unhappy about that and walked off, and had to find a reason to walk away.  The team didn't really want or expect him to leave, and they get caught holding the bag when all the rumors start floating around.  Thats my take anyway.  They definitely need to fire the PR people who told Eberflus to ignore all future questions and throw gasoline on the rumors by refusing to even comment on whether or not he and Williams was still employed or they had spoken.  

10 hours ago, howru8888 said:

His lawyer was on the score with spiegel and Parkins. There was an odd exchange where he refuted and denied a list of rumors such FBI raiding Halas Hall however one item he failed to list was he never denied that the FBI raided his house

Is it a raid if the FBI is granted permission to come on the property. 

This exact situation is why I've become so pessimistic about the Bears. They do nothing well. Nothing. This situation is Trestman level garbage. One could argue "defense and run game" but none of that **** has been consistently good in years. The owner is such a sack of **** and aside from being rich I have no clue why his ego is so big that he has to keep taking swings at GM's and HC's. Just stop, dude. Your mom isn't disappointed in the players. She's disappointed in you. You are a failure. You have failed your mother and this city. For the record she doesn't get off easily either. She allows her idiotic son to continue to make these decisions. I hope each day they both wake up, specifically George, they're depressed with how ****ty of a football people they are. This team will never be good because they continue to hire bad GM's and/or force GM's to pick between 2-3 HC options and/or allow sitting duck regimes to have one more swing at QB only to saddle the next with one they did not choose.

Also, to every overly optimistic fan who overrates all of these average players or players who are unproven but you still post KING POLES!!! regardless, get ****ed. There are more holes on this roster today than there were 2 years ago. Stop blaming dead cap and cap space issues. He's had 7 picks in the first 3 rounds and none of them are game changers.

Go f*** yourself George. Eat my **** Virginia. 

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

This exact situation is why I've become so pessimistic about the Bears. They do nothing well. Nothing. This situation is Trestman level garbage. One could argue "defense and run game" but none of that **** has been consistently good in years. The owner is such a sack of **** and aside from being rich I have no clue why his ego is so big that he has to keep taking swings at GM's and HC's. Just stop, dude. Your mom isn't disappointed in the players. She's disappointed in you. You are a failure. You have failed your mother and this city. For the record she doesn't get off easily either. She allows her idiotic son to continue to make these decisions. I hope each day they both wake up, specifically George, they're depressed with how ****ty of a football people they are. This team will never be good because they continue to hire bad GM's and/or force GM's to pick between 2-3 HC options and/or allow sitting duck regimes to have one more swing at QB only to saddle the next with one they did not choose.

Also, to every overly optimistic fan who overrates all of these average players or players who are unproven but you still post KING POLES!!! regardless, get ****ed. There are more holes on this roster today than there were 2 years ago.

Go f*** yourself George. Eat my **** Virginia. 

Point at the doll and show me where George and Virginia hurt you.

• Like 1