Deshaun Watson

Watson is a triple threat

He’s injury prone

He’s willing to quit if he doesn’t get what he wants

He’s a suspension risk

Anytime you can acquire someone who is extremely high risk to not play, and the cost is 3 first rounders, the most guaranteed money ever, and your dignitary you gotta do it! 

It’s hilarious how we bungled it so much. The entire reason contracts aren’t fully guaranteed is to protect team in the event that someone’s not able to perform; the Browns managed to identify someone who is *extremely* high risk to not perform, and threw him a risk free deal. 

Watson is the type of player you give a huge incentive laden deal for. He’s shown he will tough it out to earn it like he did Y2 playing through injury. You don’t box it yourself in. 

• Like 1

He’ll be good for us eventually 

But one thing I don’t think is being taken into account

they said this is a 4-6 week issue for baseball pitchers

baseball pitchers don’t get tackled by 300 pound men

this may not be the same time table for someone who is likely to be dealt significant contact 

glad we’re keeping him out this week 

Hopefully he’s ready for the Cardinals because you definitely don’t want to bring him back vs the Ravens 

Edited by brownie man

I have not read through this thread completely. If someone else brought this up, please disregard.

I would reach out to see if we could to trade a fifth for Jacoby and a sixth. He knows this sytem/players. I believe he would be an upgrade over PJ. I worry that PJ will be like Dobbs (ok short-term, but struggle as a regular starter).

Despite significant injuries to key players, we are right in the mix. I think Jacoby could step in and bring veteran confidence and settled lockerroom until our QB returns.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, hanford29 said:

I have not read through this thread completely. If someone else brought this up, please disregard.

I would reach out to see if we could to trade a fifth for Jacoby and a sixth. He knows this sytem/players. I believe he would be an upgrade over PJ. I worry that PJ will be like Dobbs (ok short-term, but struggle as a regular starter).

Despite significant injuries to key players, we are right in the mix. I think Jacoby could step in and bring veteran confidence and settled lockerroom until our QB returns.

He would cost more than we traded Dobbs for. He is a much better player than Dobbs. 

I think it would cost a pick swab a our 4th their 5th or our 3rd their 4th.

55 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Quinn and Watson were two of the biggest browns busts of all time but Quinn cost 1/3 as many picks and was a good person instead of an enormous piece of ****

Is a good person though? I get he isn't exactly therapist, but he seems like a bit of entitled whinger to me. 

He has never owned how bad he sucked.

I love how Watson is trying to spin how he’s worked so hard to get back to football

Bro - you missed 16 games willingly because you quit

Then you got suspended 11 games for sexual assault

So you missed 27 games with perfect health. Then played poorly in 9 games. 

This injury that’s impacted him the last 3 weeks is the only legit adversity he’s had 

• Like 2