Random Thoughts - In season 2023

dll2000

The Bears are 15th in passing yards, tied for 3rd in passing TDs, and 11th in QBR. But are 8th in rushing yards, 4th in YPC, and only have 2 rushing TDs so far. Fields is 4th in QB rushing (Roschon is 7th). Moore accounts for 46% of the passing game, Mooney only for 9%. After 5 games Kmet only has accounted for 1 less rushing first down than Foreman. And Blasingame has more rushes than Foreman. lol

Can't say this fits the output I was expecting. lol  I thought for sure it was going to be a much more run-heavy scheme and not these kinds of shares. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

Am I wrong, or is there no conceivable way that Cody Whitehair is back next season?

I mean, if we had a GM who didn’t look at our offensive line with rose colored glasses, that would have been the case this year. At the very least, if you aren’t going to cut him for cap reasons, make him one of your best backups.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I mean, if we had a GM who didn’t look at our offensive line with rose colored glasses, that would have been the case this year. At the very least, if you aren’t going to cut him for cap reasons, make him one of your best backups.

It would've been the case 2-3 years ago. He blows.

2 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

In fairness he added two really good players this offseason to OL.   He didn't anticipate all the off field issues with Davis, but Davis is a good football player.  

It was a decade of OL neglect that led to this problem.  

• Like 1

Just now, dll2000 said:

In fairness he added two really good players this offseason to OL.   He didn't anticipate all the off field issues with Davis, but Davis is a good football player.  

It was a decade of OL neglect that led to this problem.  

That being said I am shocked he didn't attack center position in offseason.

Go back and read the threads.  We all had it as a priority.

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

That being said I am shocked he didn't attack center position in offseason.

Go back and read the threads.  We all had it as a priority.

Exactly. I was fine with Whitehair being the weak link of the OL as a starter, but I at MINIMUM wanted to go after a guy that could compete with him, whether through FA or the draft. I'm always big on building the trenches because you're going to lose out on talent as injuries happen or (if you're lucky/skilled with OL development) they will prive themselves out of your range at times. Build a farm. Hell I would have even been good with not cutting him until after finding a better C in FA. Kind of a **** move to cut someone that late but its a business and he hasn't really produced at his pay in a while. 

I definitely overestimated what his play would be, I thought playing next to Mustipher and other depth guys made him look worse, turns out it might have been the other way potentially. Big oof there. 

And its a good point that they made two solid moves on the OL. Roster turnover only happens in one offseason on Madden. Poles has added some talented pieces, hopefully he gets the QB, EDGE, and coach right this offseason. 1 starter and some depth to develop on the OL would be fantastic too.