Random Thoughts - In season 2023

dll2000

2 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Claypool reportedly will not be at Halas Hall this week. I wonder if this means we will not be signing him to an extension?

Yesterday-
Eberflus: we did not ask Claypool to stay away but we expect him back tomorrow

Also yesterday-
Bears PR: we did ask Claypool to stay away

Today-
Eberflus: Claypool will not be back today or at all this week

Nice to see Matt Trestman-Eberflus never takes a break on showing how much of a clown he is.

23 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yesterday-

Also yesterday-

Today-

Nice to see Matt Trestman-Eberflus never takes a break on showing how much of a clown he is.

I mean, at this point, why lie about his situation? What is it that you could hope to possibly gain from doing so? The whole situation is just stupid. At this point Flus is either severely out of touch with what is going on with the team or he is just lying for the sake of lying. Either way he needs to go because he is seemingly incompetent.

25 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

I mean, at this point, why lie about his situation? What is it that you could hope to possibly gain from doing so? The whole situation is just stupid. At this point Flus is either severely out of touch with what is going on with the team or he is just lying for the sake of lying. Either way he needs to go because he is seemingly incompetent.

Correct. I guess they may not want to tell the entire truth because then what team would give up anything for the goon if they knew what a whacko he is, but at this point I'm thinking nobody is giving up anything for him anyway.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Yesterday-

Also yesterday-

Today-

Chances he says Claypool still had a great week of practice is at about 45%

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Chances he says Claypool still had a great week of practice is at about 45%

I just want Flus to be honest and tell people Poles didn’t prepare him for a certain question and doesn’t know what he wants him to say. He’s hopeless when he makes it up himself. 

It's pretty impressive how Claypool' status is so constantly in flux. After the game Ootertroops said he'd be at work Monday and now they're saying they told him to stay home.  Imagine thinking "at least we got the Claypool situation right!"  In my mind it's like a 50s caper movie and there are staffers running one way down a hallway to tell Claypool to hit the bricks and another staffer running the other way to tell him to get to work.  

Kinda reminds me of Bradley Sowell getting his position switched all the time, it's like Schroedingers cat but with a TE/OL state of existence.