Random Thoughts - In season 2023

dll2000

“I think we’re in the process of building something special,” Getsy said, via Mark Potash of the Chicago Sun-Times. “We’re in the phase of it’s Week Three going into Week Four and we’re going on to find a way to attack Denver in a completely different way than we did Kansas City. . . . It’s a 17-week process. It is not a three-week process.”

It takes 17 weeks to get where you want to be? Your gameplan has sucked for 20 games so far. 

He’s obviously just saying what he needs to say to save his skin, but it sounds so dumb.

7 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Now it’s claypool speaking about the coaches.  Says he doesn’t believe they’re putting him in the best position to succeed.  Given everything with this guy so far, i would be shocked if he’s still in the team after the trade deadline.

If these coaches wanted to show players they are accountable for their own performances then Claypool should be sat down this week...I have no issue with him having an opinion that he isn't being put in the best position to succeed...what I do have an issue with is his follow up statement of him not wanting to give the coaches any pointers and that it's up to them to decide...is this guy for real? Take some damn ownership over your career.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Now it’s claypool speaking about the coaches.  Says he doesn’t believe they’re putting him in the best position to succeed.  Given everything with this guy so far, i would be shocked if he’s still in the team after the trade deadline.

Wouldn’t getting rid of a player require them to make adjustments?