Random Thoughts - In season 2023

dll2000

I posted Fields' stats earlier and said we all need to give him a break...I am probably the worst around here for saying Kmet is soft and not really doing much...clearly that isn't the case and I need to give him a break...

Maybe we can all stay off the ledge until Sunday...hell if we win maybe even Flus will get some credit 😂

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I posted Fields' stats earlier and said we all need to give him a break...I am probably the worst around here for saying Kmet is soft and not really doing much...clearly that isn't the case and I need to give him a break...

Maybe we can all stay off the ledge until Sunday...hell if we win maybe even Flus will get some credit 😂

with kmet i always see people complain about he never has any YAC - i think he's just one of those players who (incorrectly) runs AT defenders instead of away from them, thinking he'll just truck them and keep going, but he almost always runs away from them. That's one of the things that makes Kelce so good, he knows where guys are going to be and avoids them

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Where are those stats from I like how easy it looks to filter.

43 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Yeah, I am not posting in any thread where I am calling myself a simp.  

DJ Moore has been impressive since he got here I will say.  

First sign of simping is denying you’re a simp 

16 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Kmet

I’ll admit I’ve been impressed w Kmet. He’s playing the part now. And he said nice things to me 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

First sign of simping is denying you’re a simp 

You couldn't be more wrong.  Unlike all the others, he really likes me.  One day I know (in my heart) he will treat me like he cares and we will be the best of friends. 

He can't fight fate.  You would already know all this if you read my journal. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

You couldn't be more wrong.  Unlike all the others, he really likes me.  One day I know (in my heart) he will treat me like he cares and we will be the best of friends. 

He can't fight fate.  You would already know all this if you read my journal. 

Ted Lasso Help GIF by Apple TV+

• Like 2

On 10/9/2023 at 7:44 PM, Madmike90 said:

Welcome back Rod Marinelli 😂

I was just thinking about this again and the answer to who we should bring in as a "senior analyst" is obvious...Leslie Frazier...ran the same sort of scheme just with a more aggressive edge in Buffalo...will help get the best out of Edmunds...gives us the inside track on him as a DC next season if Flus is retained and Frazier wants to come back full time...the fact he knows the franchise so well doesn't hurt either.

Edited by Madmike90

On 10/9/2023 at 4:10 PM, Madmike90 said:

I didn't have any problem with Kmet signing.

TE is position that takes more experience.  

Kmet is not a great player and probably never will be, but he is a good one.  Good TEs are not easy to find.  And his blocking, while not awesome, is night and day better than when he came out.

He will get much better as he comes into his man strength in his late 20s with that big frame he has.  Barring injuries that set him back.  

Laporta is a real good football player.   That was a nice draft pick.  

That is a good list of players to be on.   

I think we should sign Jaylon Johnson too.  I don't care that he doesn't get interceptions.  He can cover better than avg., which is also hard to find.  My concern with him are injuries.  So I reserve a little hesitation because I don't have access to medicals.

I would resign Mooney too.  Even with no stats this year.  I still want him back.  I know he can play football.   

I want all 3 of those guys back.  Kmet, Johnson and Mooney.  Money is a factor of course.  

42 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I didn't have any problem with Kmet signing.

TE is position that takes more experience.  

Kmet is not a great player and probably never will be, but he is a good one.  Good TEs are not easy to find.  And his blocking, while not awesome, is night and day better than when he came out.

He will get much better as he comes into his man strength in his late 20s with that big frame he has.  Barring injuries that set him back.  

I didn't mind the re-signing. He will never be a top receiving threat but with a run-first offense a blocking TE that can catch as a 3rd option is pretty damn good. 

I think we should sign Jaylon Johnson too.  I don't care that he doesn't get interceptions.  He can cover better than avg., which is also hard to find.  My concern with him are injuries.  So I reserve a little hesitation because I don't have access to medicals.

I do too, maybe you can add incentives for games/snaps played. Dude has been good enough to get a real contract but I just hope he isn't wanting to get a top 10 deal. Still, even if he does with the Bears able to have $130 mil plus whatever rollover they can front load it to make it more team friendly later. It sucks that you seem to have to count on a back up playing 2-6 games for him every year though but a good GM should be trying to add depth to critical spots especially, like OT, CB, and EDGE. 

I would resign Mooney too.  Even with no stats this year.  I still want him back.  I know he can play football.   

I want all 3 of those guys back.  Kmet, Johnson and Mooney.  Money is a factor of course.  

Honestly Mooney is the one where I could see just an outright refusal. He and Fields just aren't on the same page and that could change, but he was way too talented to be blanked out 3 of 5 weeks from the statsheet. He is on pace to get less receptions than Montgomery and only slightly more yards than ESB last year. I still don't think he is back to 100% by any means but damn, he has to want to have a shot to earn a bigger deal elsewhere, right? If I were him I'd want to go somewhere to try and get my stock up on a 1-2 year deal. Chargers always have Herbert and two WRs that can't stay healthy, Mahomes is going to Kelce first but I think Mooney would be the number one receiver there ATM, HOU is slinging it around and Robert Woods is their #1 so he would have to get a lot of targets there, BUF has Allen and Diggs so he would get to be a #2 there, etc. Of course it takes two to tango but I could see him taking a cheap 1 year deal to try and secure a bigger deal if he isn't happy with CHI. 

• Like 1