New Regime Options

beardown3231

Just now, blkwdw13 said:

I will say that Influx has a worse record currently than Meyer. Meyer is at .154 and Influx is at .150

Lol yeah it’s a toss up between them.  Meyer was accused of kicking his players, and Eberfluke had a coordinator resign in disgrace after two games in just his second season.

Fluke is definitely in the conversation for worst.

8 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Colts' guys don't move the needle for me. What have they done over the last decade?

By this logic let’s just hire guys from winning franchises like KC & Philly…oh wait…

I am not so fussed about where we would hire Dodds from and more the man himself…he would add a toughness and demand more than our last few GMs ever have…only reason I could see him not being hired is he might be too intense for George who is always looking for “great men” in other words nice guys who don’t rock the boat…enough of that nonsense…get someone in who will rub people up the wrong way if they are not doing what they should…ideal top jobs for me right now…

GM: Ed Dodds

HC: Ben Johnson

OC: John Morton

DC: Lesley Frazier

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

By this logic let’s just hire guys from winning franchises like KC & Philly…oh wait…

I am not so fussed about where we would hire Dodds from and more the man himself…he would add a toughness and demand more than our last few GMs ever have…only reason I could see him not being hired is he might be too intense for George who is always looking for “great men” in other words nice guys who don’t rock the boat…enough of that nonsense…get someone in who will rub people up the wrong way if they are not doing what they should…ideal top jobs for me right now…

No Frazier he has ties to past Baers  

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I understand the toughness thing but coincidentally Poles seems like a no nonsense guy too. Dodds is up for a GM role every year and nobody seems to hire him. It's one thing to be a hardass. It's another to be a good talent evaluator. Once again I'm not seeing the good young talent on Indy to be good with hiring Dodds

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

I understand the toughness thing but coincidentally Poles seems like a no nonsense guy too. Dodds is up for a GM role every year and nobody seems to hire him. It's one thing to be a hardass. It's another to be a good talent evaluator. Once again I'm not seeing the good young talent on Indy to be good with hiring Dodds

On one hand it can takes several years to get a clear evaluation on a player, but on the whole his draft classes are just ok and his fa signings are downright poor, so isn't poles setting a very low floor?

I told y’all way back when that y’all FO was going to ruin Justin smh

I never liked the Poles or Eberflus hires

especially the head coach

Justin needed an offensive guy to help him reach his potential. That was a bad move. 

I hope if y’all do get Caleb y’all totally redo the FO and coaching staff

but Fields would be better than this if he had the right support 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Justin needed an offensive guy to help him reach his potential. That was a bad move. 

Fields might be marginally better, but he isn’t good in his own right. 

17 minutes ago, brownie man said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Eberflus wasn't in most of our top 5 or 10 choices either. 100% agree about the offensive guy being the HC. I didn't mind Poles but I couldn't care less if he is tossed out with the staff. Most of this is on the poor coaching from this and the previous regime. 

I will say I'm 100% shocked that Getsy has gone away from what worked last year. They literally had to reign in several times last year to keep from winning and now he acts like he has a Rodgers or Brady back there. Just bizarre. 

There will be no excuse for this staff to survive if they get the top pick, to be fair I'd be looking and evaluating potential HCs already if I was Warren. GMs as well. 

• Like 1

As an outsider, rival, and someone who likes football better when the Bears are good, I think you guys need to start fresh and get rid of Poles as well. Try to find a HC/GM tandem that can work together. For example, if you're targeting Ben Johnson as HC, maybe try and bring Ray Agnew along as the new GM. They also have John Dorsey in their front office in Detroit but he's no good at this point. Some kind of real working partnership that's already established might work so there's an actual plan in place and not just a hodgepodge of disconnect everywhere. 

Just my $0.02 but you guys know your franchise better than this fool. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

As an outsider, rival, and someone who likes football better when the Bears are good, I think you guys need to start fresh and get rid of Poles as well. Try to find a HC/GM tandem that can work together. For example, if you're targeting Ben Johnson as HC, maybe try and bring Ray Agnew along as the new GM. They also have John Dorsey in their front office in Detroit but he's no good at this point. Some kind of real working partnership that's already established might work so there's an actual plan in place and not just a hodgepodge of disconnect everywhere. 

Just my $0.02 but you guys know your franchise better than this fool. 

See Johnson would be nice and all but is he willing to run a run heavy offense to match the history of the Baers. It is tradition after all.

Just now, blkwdw13 said:

See Johnson would be nice and all but is he willing to run a run heavy offense to match the history of the Baers. It is tradition after all.

True, this team does have a storied history of the runs. Thankfully we have the Chicago River and Lake Michigan right there to rinse off afterwards

• Like 2