New Regime Options

beardown3231

26 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm beginning to think he's going nowhere

Well it's on you for not realizing this earlier! lol

Flus isn't going anywhere, I think Getsy gets launched based on end of season conversations, and the DC should go to Phil Snow if he wants it. What we're doing on that side of the ball is working; hell, I'm good with Eberflus calling the defense if this is the output we'll be getting!

Edited by G08

30 minutes ago, G08 said:

Flus isn't going anywhere, I think Getsy gets launched based on end of season conversations, and the DC should go to Phil Snow if he wants it. What we're doing on that side of the ball is working; hell, I'm good with Eberflus calling the defense if this is the output we'll be getting!

I don't think him being back is cemented. If they finish 0-4, he's gone. It's a long shot

My issue all along is the 2 seemingly good options at HC if they want to ax Eberflus, just like the 2 QB prospects compared to how it looks right now in 2025. However you can't argue with results. The D has been much better with him calling it and the players *appear* to like him

Edited by beardown3231

6 hours ago, G08 said:

I think the important thing is not to get to high or too low on Flus/Fields/anyone after any game…sure yesterday was a great job by Flus but if we get lit up by Joe Flacco at this point in his career everyone will think differently…no doubt things are swinging in his favour right now and I am happy for him because he has always seemed like a coach the players want to play for but let’s evaluate the full season at the end of it…

I said before the Lions game if we win that we could win out…wouldn’t shock me now given how we played…one hell of a turn around even if we lose one…huge props to Poles for some of his moves which are having major impacts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

LOL.  

Good luck with that.  

Listen we all do it in the moment hahaha...that's what being a fan is...when it's bad the world is ending when it's good we are heading towards glory...that is what passion will do to you hahaha...

More importantly we just need to step back after it all calms down and look at the bigger overall picture.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 6:52 PM, Madmike90 said:

This is truly heart-warming to see/read.  You can tell that Eberflus is a good person and I'm genuinely happy that the players like him.  For so many years we talked about how we needed a "CEO" type coach, one who is a "leader of men." (Do your best to read that quote in Dave Chapelle's generic white guy voice.). It's hard to root against a guy like Eberflus (but don't get me wrong, believe it or not, I've done it).  The idea of hiring Ben Johnson from Detroit has me excited, truly.  But until you have him in that role, you don't know how he'll do once he's away from play-calling-only duties.   And Harbaugh?  You can't convince me that he won't stab a pizza delivery man in his throat for wearing Ohio State colors on day one in Harbaugh's new house in Chicagoland.  Dude is insane.  

We as fans can examine and dissect every little thing that happens until kingdom come.  But ultimately, none of us are inside and none of us have personal contact with players, coachers, execs, etc.  The most reliable sources of information are the players saying stuff like Montez said here.  He didn't have to say what he did.  He's a high-level veteran player saying these things, after coming from a team coached by Ron Rivera (a guy who is thought of as not necessarily that best coach but........"a leader of men!").  

I have to give major props to @StLunatic88.  He has said, since essentially week 1 (if not earlier), that the Bears are likely to run it back with Fields, Flus, etc.  Many of us (myself 100% included) were hoping for the 1.1 and 1.2 draft pick results (or something close to it) scenario.  @StLunatic88 maintained his cool and preached patience this whole time, while many of us (privately or publicly) mocked/doubted him, and here we are on December 12th, only 1 game out of the playoffs.  Who's the real lunatic here?  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I have to give major props to @StLunatic88.  He has said, since essentially week 1 (if not earlier), that the Bears are likely to run it back with Fields, Flus, etc.  Many of us (myself 100% included) were hoping for the 1.1 and 1.2 draft pick results (or something close to it) scenario.  @StLunatic88 maintained his cool and preached patience this whole time, while many of us (privately or publicly) mocked/doubted him, and here we are on December 12th, only 1 game out of the playoffs.  Who's the real lunatic here?  

I have thought alot about it, especially as we have shown some great things the past few weeks, but I am not taking any victory laps from those discussions/disagreements. Because I get it, I really do. There was a whole lot to be annoyed and fed up with, especially as it compounded over similar type coaches for the past 3/4 guys. I mostly just had trust in Eberflus, and that goes way back to his time at Mizzou for me. As well as the signals that the organization was giving about the situation, and how the players treated him. (now I will take your pats on the back, definitely wont turn my nose up at those)

I think the Williams issue being uncovered may be the best thing that happened to Flus. Im sure he was losing a bit of confidence in what the D was doing, and he only has so much he personally can do for the offense, but being forced to one side for the year really showed what he weakness were on the staff. One being a guy not paying attention to his duties as he should in Williams, and the other is a guy not good enough for that level in the NFL in Getsy. He has a chance here to fix it, and make no mistake, he NEEDS to fix it.

I have also said that while defending him, he needs to get the right guy for the offense right now. Because it was to be a 3 year plan with Poles and Eberflus, and they need to make the right choices this offseason or they could be done next year as well. What they are showing right now with this Defense, shows they should be a good team with even an average/competent level Offensive Coordinator. If they (Poles/Flus) cant go find that guy, and we regress somehow, they are out, because that is just as important as finding the on field talent.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2023 at 7:08 AM, Madmike90 said:

I think it is clear what has stopped him from getting a HC gig...all that stuff might be overlooked somewhat as an assistant coach but you best believe it would all be brought up if he became our HC by the Chicago media...

I meant to respond to this the other day, but weather you personally (not you Madmike, the broader you of the fanbase) agree or disagree on why EB is being held out of Head Coaching positions, its likely why he will still be held out and why this to me was a complete misread of our interest in him. 

Its not as a Head Coach, its as an OC replacement

We can not go with another unknown if the current regime is still in place. It has to be someone proven, who can at the very least run a modern offense, and shape it around which ever QB we pick going into 2024. I had tabbed EB as my guy I wanted in my first Mock of the year, he has shaped something good around Sam Howell, he should be able to make something great around either Fields or Williams/Maye. Especially with a better Weapon in Moore than WAS has, plus anything else we add this offseason, as well as a better OL (as long as we get a real Center)

It has to be a proven guy, and 1a and 1b to me are Bieniemy and Frank Reich.

I think EB would like something like Chicago better than going back to KC, because it would still be his Offense he is creating, and if he goes back to KC hes admitting that hes never getting a HC job unless its years from now wehn Reid retires and if Mahomes is still going and Demands its Bieniemy that takes over. And Riech's interest would come down to what his contract offset language is. Some of those stipulate that he has to look for some employment, or even find some within a certain timeframe, others dont. Until we hear he is officially retired, he has to be on the short list.