Week 4 embarrassment thread: Broncos (0-3) @ Bears (0-3)

Ty21

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1708422190427725918?s=20

Claypool to be inactive...correct decision.

Absolute correct decision by coaching for once ..but whew what a miss by Poles on that trade 

Besides the Flus hire if there's one other argument for why Poles should be fired at end of season that's it right there 

Just an embarrassing situation 🤦

10 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Absolute correct decision by coaching for once ..but whew what a miss by Poles on that trade 

Besides the Flus hire if there's one other argument for why Poles should be fired at end of season that's it right there 

Just an embarrassing situation 🤦

As much as the trade turned out to be a disaster it was at least the right idea...Poles was clearly hoping Claypool could be the Allen/Diggs or Hurts/Brown trade...misplaced faith in Claypool and his talent (not really talent but application of that talent) sure but I would rather he tried to give Fields the best shot possible before we move on...what else I like is it didn't stop him from going and getting DJ who with an OC with half a brain can be a true #1 receiver...

The hiring Flus thing is a push for me...I don't believe it was all on Poles and think there was a lot of politics around it...

The Claypool trade being so poor is not enough alone for me to say we should fire Poles (I don't believe he will be) that said if Poles being in place stops us from getting a Ben Johnson/John Harbaugh/Dan Quinn then I would be open to making the move...as much as I think Poles has made some really good moves he just hasn't found us enough difference makers so far.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

The hiring Flus thing is a push for me...I don't believe it was all on Poles and think there was a lot of politics around it...

Iirc George and Ted already did first round of interviews with HCs, then hired Poles, and handed him a list of their favorites.  So yeah Poles hired Flus, but it doesn’t sound he had the full authority to go out and choose whoever he wanted.  They would never say that publicly though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

Iirc George and Ted already did first round of interviews with HCs, then hired Poles, and handed him a list of their favorites.  So yeah Poles hired Flus, but it doesn’t sound he had the full authority to go out and choose whoever he wanted.  They would never say that publicly though.

This could very well be true. Also Poles and Flus share the same agent Trace Armstrong who was said to be part of the Bears hiring process along with Bill Polian

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

As much as the trade turned out to be a disaster it was at least the right idea...Poles was clearly hoping Claypool could be the Allen/Diggs or Hurts/Brown trade...misplaced faith in Claypool and his talent (not really talent but application of that talent) sure but I would rather he tried to give Fields the best shot possible before we move on...what else I like is it didn't stop him from going and getting DJ who with an OC with half a brain can be a true #1 receiver...

The Claypool trade being so poor is not enough alone for me to say we should fire Poles (I don't believe he will be) that said if Poles being in place stops us from getting a Ben Johnson/John Harbaugh/Dan Quinn then I would be open to making the move...as much as I think Poles has made some really good moves he just hasn't found us enough difference makers so far.

I would not hire another defensive head coach like Dan Quinn this time around, especially if we luck out and get Caleb.

We need a real smart offensive mind who knows what they're doing when it comes to the QB position. 

There are enough competent defensive coordinator candidates out there or guys who may become available like Staley, Saleh or Bowles 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

This could very well be true. Also Poles and Flus share the same agent Trace Armstrong who was said to be part of the Bears hiring process along with Bill Polian

I've also read on a few occasions where Poles is asked about Eberflus and he says "I love that guy." I know I know "what do you want him to say?" but he could leave that out. That's not normally a line GM's use to describe HC's. I guess what I'm getting at is Poles may have been saddled with a top 3 but let's not confuse that with the fact that Poles obviously likes Eberflus a ton

5 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

This is exactly what I mean...too many cooks...even the "Panel of People" instantly gave be the fear...

For me it should be Warren & Poles and that is all...after that they should take who they want for George to sign off and unless he somehow knows that the dude is a serial killer then he should have no objectives.

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I would not hire another defensive head coach like Dan Quinn this time around, especially if we luck out and get Caleb.

We need a real smart offensive mind who knows what they're doing when it comes to the QB position. 

There are enough competent defensive coordinator candidates out there or guys who may become available like Staley, Saleh or Bowles 

I am really on the fence about it to be honest...

I would much much rather have an offensive guy at the helm but at the end of the day being an HC is not all about one side of the ball...Quinn would need to blow everyone else out of the water but I would still at least speak to him...that said he is probably the only DC I would speak to to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This is exactly what I mean...too many cooks...even the "Panel of People" instantly gave be the fear...

For me it should be Warren & Poles and that is all...after that they should take who they want for George to sign off and unless he somehow knows that the dude is a serial killer then he should have no objectives.

And even then, Poles should have the final say, as much as I'm not thrilled with him so far. Let the football people do the football stuff. Sink or swim

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

Bagent is qb2 today 

As much as I really hope today isn't the day...I am sort of intrigued to see what the kid has at some point in a regular season game (maybe a Lions beat down)...

17,000+ yards & a 159 passing TDs in 53 games is impressive at any level.