Week 4 embarrassment thread: Broncos (0-3) @ Bears (0-3)

Ty21

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

As much as I really hope today isn't the day...I am sort of intrigued to see what the kid has at some point in a regular season game (maybe a Lions beat down)...

17,000+ yards & a 159 passing TDs in 53 games is impressive at any level.

DBB is putting it out there…we shall see.

https://x.com/dabearsblog/status/1708462221624226086?s=46&t=zLmA-f2jn1RszLw4i4Ut_A

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1708422190427725918?s=20

Claypool to be inactive...correct decision.

Wow.  Getting attitude benched in a contract year.  That is rare.  

He only had 4 more months to serve.

People would do 4 months in prison for enough money.  

People go on Alone and subsist on a diet of one fried mouse a week, while freezing, for just a chance at 500k before taxes. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

I think the powers that be are positioning themselves to start to viewing the team from a life after Fields perspective.

Man this season is the distillation of every Bearsy moment for the last couple decades.  Remember Jimmy Clausen getting started over Cutler?  Remeber Nagy benching and then having to un-bench Mitch?  All Fields needs is a sweater with lights on and Santos to get a triple doink and our Bears Bingo cards are going to fill up. 

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1708422190427725918?s=20

Claypool to be inactive...correct decision.

While I agree he isn't being used properly (that stems from Fields not being used properly) he also hasn't put in the effort he should have.

This might be the sole compliment I give Flubby but good on him for sending a message. I wasnt sure he had the balls to actually do it.

8 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

While I agree he isn't being used properly (that stems from Fields not being used properly) he also hasn't put in the effort he should have.

This might be the sole compliment I give Flubby but good on him for sending a message. I wasnt sure he had the balls to actually do it.

He is only getting benched because he said something out of line. Yes he deserved to be benched because of play but so do a lot of other players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

He is only getting benched because he said something out of line. Yes he deserved to be benched because of play but so do a lot of other players.

Idk. I think that this was a 'final straw' kind of thing. Making a dumb comment wouldn't have done anything but the top brass make him give a bs statement about it being a misunderstanding if he had been productive. But he has already been called out for his garbage effort.

I'm not giving Flubby a ton of credit, but he did the right thing here. Now to speculate if he did it on his own accord or if Poles made him because Poles is mad about getting zero return on that 2nd rounder.

Just now, Sugashane said:

Idk. I think that this was a 'final straw' kind of thing. Making a dumb comment wouldn't have done anything but the top brass make him give a bs statement about it being a misunderstanding if he had been productive. But he has already been called out for his garbage effort.

I'm not giving Flubby a ton of credit, but he did the right thing here. Now to speculate if he did it on his own accord or if Poles made him because Poles is mad about getting zero return on that 2nd rounder.

I'm not giving Influx any credit, like I said he should have been benched earlier along with other players. All the staffs is showing is that if you keep quite an tow the line you'll keep playing.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

So for Everlose we are up to following positives from me:

-First couple weeks they looked disciplined last year

-Seemed to be a very clear communicator in an interview when talking about his golf game

-Sending a message to Claypool after several weeks of bad effort/technique 

My "negatives" list is contained in a massive pdf that will load in 2-3wks. 

• Like 3

Recap of the Claypool trade.

-Pass on Pickens for character concerns in the 2nd and leave a bunch of practice squad guys as full time WR.

-Have a (predictable) crisis at WR in a critical development year for JF.

-Trade a 2nd for the guy Pickens made irrelevant in PIT who also has character concerns.

-He is also irrelevant here and the 2nd turns into a first.

-“Wait until next year”

-French modeling 

-Bad player on and off the field

-Scratched by week 4

If you don’t laugh you’ll cry.

(h/t whoever the hell @MichaelGus57 is on twitter)

Edited by beardown3231