Week 4 embarrassment thread: Broncos (0-3) @ Bears (0-3)

Ty21

9 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

They have 9 QB hits, 1 sack, and 16 TFL. You think they are going to more than double that, seems realistic. 

Nobody said anything like that, maybe they Orlovsky themselves out the back of the end zone 30 times. That seems like something that could happen, right?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

the worst part about being a bears fan living in denver is i cant even root for the local team either because they are almost just as dog ****

I'm in a very similar spot. I have tickets for next week to see them play the Commanders. I was very much looking forward to seeing that game before the season started. Now I just want to sell the tickets and day drink the weekend away. The problem is, whose going to buy these stupid tickets?

• Like 1

I think these next two games in a 5 day span (Sun and Thurs) will either help us get off the schneid or will plunge us further into the depths of football hell.

Dave Wannestdt said in his experience what happens in the Sunday game tends to bleed into the Thursday game since you have no time to officially reset. So a win here and a win in Washington would be much welcomed heading into a 10 day break before we play the Vikings at home. 2-3 sounds a hell of a lot better than 0-5.

They can't stop the run and we would be fools to not exploit that weakness while shortening the game. I think Justin hits Moore deep on a PA TD and rushes for 78 yards. Defense plays fine, nothing special, but progress is noted. Maybe an INT from Edmunds.

Bears - 24
Broncos - 20

If Payton is tanking, it could be a win. Otherwise, Wilson and that WR corps should have a come alive game. And their flatulent (that’s not how you use that word! (Yes it is)) defense could actually rack up some sacks and turnovers against us. 

Yeah Sean Payton and cooked Russell Wilson all day over cooked Fields and Flus. 

That said, I don't see either team lighting it up offensively. 23-17 Denver.

It'll be an ugly and dysfunctional, but ultimately still competitive game for the second to last of Fields' career as a starter, before the blowout loss to Washington that Thursday seals the deal.

Saw this meme on reddit

this-is-how-it-feels-rn-v0-hqlx244hemqb1

Then came to the horrible realization that my opinion of this team is so low that I think the only reason we're 0-3 is because we're trying to win games and that if we tried to lose games in order to tank for Caleb Williams,  this organization is so inept that we'd end up winning 6 games. Literally bad enough that we'd screw up attempts at intentionally losing.

• Like 3

You guys done lashing out? You having a fun pity party for yourselves? Can we come back to reality?

You all literally thought this was a playoff team like 17 days ago and now its the worst team in history going 0-17? 

Im honestly shocked by the mood swings you guys have, my pregnant wife doesnt flip flop this much. In reality you should be used to this level of football, over nearly the last 10 seasons (162 games) the Bears are in the Bottom 5 of the league

F6ml7PgWoAATyrh?format=jpg&name=4096x409

If anyone expected literally anything else than what we got on Sunday vs the Chiefs, you were delusional. And I would have said that even if this team had somehow actually won the first 2 games (which again, I never expected us to do) And if you add on the craziness that is the DC situation, plus losing more OLineman, Im shocked it wasnt worse. 

This week is the first time I really thought we had a chance in this schedule (I hoped against the Packers, but they are just a better team than us). While we have just been outgunned by every roster we have gone up against to this point, the Broncos are a team that has actually already quit on their season. If you watched that dolphins game, they flat out quit. And now they have to travel, against a team who now has their backs up against the wall.

Bears win, 31-23. Offense still looks choppy but breaks off some big plays, the Defense still gets carved up but bows up a bit in the redzone, and even turns over the Broncos multiple times. Taking this win, we also take out the fraud Football Team on Thursday night as well. 

This was always a 4-5 win team, and all of this is a crazy overreaction to some outsized expectations that came out of nowhere in late August.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

You guys done lashing out? You having a fun pity party for yourselves? Can we come back to reality?

You all literally thought this was a playoff team like 17 days ago and now its the worst team in history going 0-17? 

Im honestly shocked by the mood swings you guys have, my pregnant wife doesnt flip flop this much. In reality you should be used to this level of football, over nearly the last 10 seasons (162 games) the Bears are in the Bottom 5 of the league

F6ml7PgWoAATyrh?format=jpg&name=4096x409

If anyone expected literally anything else than what we got on Sunday vs the Chiefs, you were delusional. And I would have said that even if this team had somehow actually won the first 2 games (which again, I never expected us to do) And if you add on the craziness that is the DC situation, plus losing more OLineman, Im shocked it wasnt worse. 

This week is the first time I really thought we had a chance in this schedule (I hoped against the Packers, but they are just a better team than us). While we have just been outgunned by every roster we have gone up against to this point, the Broncos are a team that has actually already quit on their season. If you watched that dolphins game, they flat out quit. And now they have to travel, against a team who now has their backs up against the wall.

Bears win, 31-23. Offense still looks choppy but breaks off some big plays, the Defense still gets carved up but bows up a bit in the redzone, and even turns over the Broncos multiple times. Taking this win, we also take out the fraud Football Team on Thursday night as well. 

This was always a 4-5 win team, and all of this is a crazy overreaction to some outsized expectations that came out of nowhere in late August.

i think the biggest reason is, while even though we were expected 4-5 wins, we were expecting there to be progress and to not be the laughing stock of the league

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nads786 said:

You guys are way to negative right now. The Bears can easily win this game with how bad Denver's rush D is. Denver is not a motivated group in anyway. 25-20 Bears. 

It's too much trauma to the system.

Super high hopes and then opening with GB and getting killed.

People are in football PTSD right now.

To put in perspective though I just got back from a breakfast where a friend just told me he is past the time his doctor gave him to live and starting to feel bad.   Heavy way to start my day.

Good news is he is a believer and positive he is going to be with the Lord.

Point is keep football in perspective guys.

13 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i think the biggest reason is, while even though we were expected 4-5 wins, we were expecting there to be progress and to not be the laughing stock of the league

Im sorry to break this to you, but the Bears arent the laughing stock, Bears Fans are. Because for some reason the overwhelming majority of Bears Fans started pounding their chest in late summer that we were suddenly a playoff team and wasted all their betting money on Fields for MVP. While everyone else looked at the collective fan base and asked "what are y'all on?"

And once again, expecting some massive progress in week one was also a false hope. Then ontop of that, our OC apparently beat the playmaker out of our QB and decided we should call nothing but screens... Progress is a long game, not instant gratification. I miss the times when we actually let that happen. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im sorry to break this to you, but the Bears arent the laughing stock, Bears Fans are. Because for some reason the overwhelming majority of Bears Fans started pounding their chest in late summer that we were suddenly a playoff team and wasted all their betting money on Fields for MVP. While everyone else looked at the collective fan base and asked "what are y'all on?"

And once again, expecting some massive progress in week one was also a false hope. Then ontop of that, our OC apparently beat the playmaker out of our QB and decided we should call nothing but screens... Progress is a long game, not instant gratification. I miss the times when we actually let that happen. 

That doesn't discount the fact that player development has been disappointment to say the least. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Epyon said:

Saw this meme on reddit

this-is-how-it-feels-rn-v0-hqlx244hemqb1

I'm completely content with the tank either way.  lol 

Getting Caleb isnt a guarantee. This team is ridiculously dysfunctional right now but Fields can still have games where he pops, especially if they go back to what worked last year. Add in that any team can have a bad game (against the Bears even) and I am hoping for  3 win season but super skeptical.