GDT Week 4: Commies(2-1) @ Eagles(3-0) - Time for some NFCE football

AZ_Eaglesfan

35 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

One of the best CB duos in the league. Best interior DL in the league (Most talented at least). One good safety. 2 above average DE's (at least last year), but we're not built to shut down opposing QB's? I disagree. We're just not coached to shut down opposing QB's.

ehhhh Bradberry is slowing down a good amount in my opinion. Jobe is a starting outsider corner who is very young and went undrafted. Edmunds stinks and is rightfully our fourth stringer on an already poor safety unit. The secondary overall is above average in my opinion. The biggest problem for me has been the pass rush outside of Fletch / Carter. The edges have not been winning at all in their one on ones. Reddick finally got one today but it wasn’t a clear win. Graham is what he is & will make a play every now and then. The DE position is a major need IMO if Smith doesn’t develop 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Mac Jones benched vs Dallas with no Diggs. Threw for 300 and 3 td's on Desai. Dallas defense playing above their talent. Eagles defense playing below theirs. We're winning, so it's cool, but I got zero faith we can hold Tua/Josh/Pat/Mr Irrelevant under 30 points. Rams and Jets over the next 2 weeks should be two W's, but then I'm guessing this cruise ship hits an ice berg.

What makes you so confident it’s a Desai problem and not the personnel? Genuinely curious.

Our front 4 is loaded no question, but of the 6-7 guys we are regularly dropping into coverage only 3 have a good reputations (Reed, Slay and Bradberry) and both of those CBs are old men at a position where the decline usually hits hard and fast.

I’m confident our pass coverage through 4 games is garbage, but I couldn’t tell you who’s more at fault between scheme and players.

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

What makes you so confident it’s a Desai problem and not the personnel? Genuinely curious.

Just seems like there are several less talented defenses that play better than ours, regardless of injuries.

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Just seems like there are several less talented defenses that play better than ours, regardless of injuries.

You know who is playing above their talent level? Our LB's. Most people were claiming this would be one of the worst LB units in the league but Cunningham and Morrow have been surprisingly quite good.

Our secondary is down Maddox and starting Edmunds(who was really bad today) due to the injuries to Evans and Brown. I really don't see much evidence our D is playing under their talent level outside of our DE's(but Reddick did finally have some impact today). Again Desai needs to be better than he was today, but this idea that he has been a big issue is so bizarre. Of the two new coordinators I have a much bigger bone to pick with Johnson than Desai.

After rewatching I think going for the deep shot to take a 31-24 lead in the 4th was definitely the wrong decision. Eagles had the ball on Washington's 28 yard line and a 2nd and 4 with 1:49 to go. Washington only had one timeout left. Just pound Swift there. One first down and the game is over with an easy chip shot. 

31 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

After rewatching I think going for the deep shot to take a 31-24 lead in the 4th was definitely the wrong decision. Eagles had the ball on Washington's 28 yard line and a 2nd and 4 with 1:49 to go. Washington only had one timeout left. Just pound Swift there. One first down and the game is over with an easy chip shot. 

I can't remember a game where this particular theme was so apparent. It was as if Hurts/OC had blindfolds and earmuffs on. Very poor awareness.

47 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Sirianni had a lot of game management blunders today. Not really like him, but wasn’t a good showing for sure.

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Mac Jones benched vs Dallas with no Diggs. Threw for 300 and 3 td's on Desai. Dallas defense playing above their talent. Eagles defense playing below theirs. We're winning, so it's cool, but I got zero faith we can hold Tua/Josh/Pat/Mr Irrelevant under 30 points. Rams and Jets over the next 2 weeks should be two W's, but then I'm guessing this cruise ship hits an ice berg.

NFL fans never understand that teams performances vary week to week.

This is the same Dallas team that lost to the Cardinals.