Rank the best ILB/MLB you've seen

Hunter2_1

12 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Hardcore viewer since 2007, and for me it's easily Patrick Willis. I can't imagine a more perfect ILB than what I say from Willis between 2008 and 2012. My assumption is that the only difference between prime Lewis and Willis was that Lewis was just a bit smarter on the field and could read anything thrown at him by the offense, though Willis was no slouch there either.

Willis is mini-Lewis. Lewis was like his older brother or something. Bigger, scarier, smarter. But definitely similar. 

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I'll go with Ray Lewis he absolutely murdered people when he hit them. His ability to knife through the line like there was nothing holding him back to make plays behind the line of scrimmage was also impressive.

I saw what you did there. Yeah Lewis is the best I have seen personally. 

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I'll go with Ray Lewis he absolutely murdered people when he hit them. His ability to knife through the line like there was nothing holding him back to make plays behind the line of scrimmage was also impressive.

Solid effort.

My answer is Lewis as well.  Did every job of his position at an elite level, one of the best leaders and motivators in the sport (despite how much I loathe his persona), and did it forever.

1a. Ray Lewis

1b. Patrick Willis

2. Junior Seau

3a. Brian Urlacher

3b. Navarro Bowman

To me Willis and Lewis are interchangeable. Willis from 2007-2012 was unstoppable and without a shadow of a doubt the best in the game. The year he had in 2009 was the best ive ever seen from an ILB. I think Lewis having rings and more of a media personality is why people acknowledge him more. But on the field they were as even as can be.

Urlacher and Bowman, again, seems like a homer Pick, but to me, had that horrific injury not happenned to Bow, there wouldve been no limits to his ability. Urlacher did it longer, bur for the time he was healthy, Bow did it better.

Damn, the Niners had a scary LB corps and front seven for that matter a few years back...

13 minutes ago, NJniners said:

I think Lewis having rings and more of a media personality is why people acknowledge him more. But on the field they were as even as can be.

From about 2000-2004 Ray Lewis was flat out dominant. Like almost every play he was at the ball. People who didn’t see him play that much think it was all just fiery speeches. And a much bigger playmaker than Willis. They’re not on the same level at all 

21 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

2005 Brian Urlacher wasn't even the best LB in the league that season. I really  hope you're just posting this to rile me up because you know how I feel about Urlacher.

That doesn't sound at all like something I would do to you.

Archived