Week #4 General ๐Ÿˆ Discussion

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Pretty sure you put Taylor Swift on anything and the ratings would increase. She is insanely popular.... just not amongst the demographic that typically watches a lot of football lol.

I'm just wondering if like...are the Swifties actually tuning in to Football games to watch her?ย  Or...is that a thing that actually happens?

ย 

It certainly helps get more "exposure" for the NFL.ย  Gets them showing up on talk shows and gossip sites and all over social media and all that jazz obviously.

But does it actually affect their TV ratings appreciably?

Just now, Tugboat said:

I'm just wondering if like...are the Swifties actually tuning in to Football games to watch her?ย  Or...is that a thing that actually happens?

ย 

It certainly helps get more "exposure" for the NFL.ย  Gets them showing up on talk shows and gossip sites and all over social media and all that jazz obviously.

But does it actually affect their TV ratings appreciably?

It had an effect on merch sales and secondary market stuff which they care more about arguably. We won't know the ratings push for another few weeks.

11 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Yeah it does, Swift is essentially the last American artist you could classify as a true megastar, she's the monoculture's last shambling spirit form, they'd be idiots NOT to market the hell out of this.

I meanโ€ฆ. Drake is still huge too. Even if people donโ€™t like his music.