Rank the 32 Starters at QB

Tank4Drake

1 hour ago, jonnguy2015 said:

End of regular season rankings(numbers for whichever QB attempted the most passes for their team this season, parentheses for QBs who had at least 200 passing attempts, were Week 1 starters, or will be starting for their team next week):
Mahomes: 
1. Patrick Mahomes
Elite:
2. Lamar Jackson
3. Josh Allen
4. Justin Herbert
5. Joe Burrow
Good:
6. CJ Stroud
7. Tua Tagovailoa
(Aaron Rodgers)
8. Kirk Cousins
9. Brock Purdy
10. Dak Prescott
11. Matthew Stafford
12. Jalen Hurts
Above average:
13. Jared Goff
14. Baker Mayfield
15. Jordan Love
16. Joe Flacco
Mediocre:
17. Trevor Lawrence
18. Kyler Murray
19. Derek Carr
20. Geno Smith
21. Russell Wilson
(Anthony Richardson)
22. Will Levis
Bad/backup:
(Jake Browning)
23. Justin Fields
(Mason Rudolph)
(Deshaun Watson)
24. Gardner Minshew
25. Aidan O'Connell
26. Sam Howell
27. Tyrod Taylor
(Tommy DeVito)
28. Kenny Pickett
(Joshua Dobbs)
29. Desmond Ridder
(Jimmy Garoppolo)
(Ryan Tannehill)
30. Mac Jones
31. Zach Wilson
32. Bryce Young
(Daniel Jones)
(Bailey Zappe)

Daniel Jones belongs at the top end of bad or mediocre category. He's not worse than Zach, Mac, and all those others.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, El Ramster said:

In what world is Kyler mediocre? Guy has 3 pieces of chewed hot dog and crushed chips. Kyler is a baller, just in a black hole team. 

So James Conner, Trey McBride and Marquise Brown are "3 pieces of chewed hot dog and crushed chips" now? Or are we severely downplaying the talent around Kyler because Kyler isn't actually good?

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So James Conner, Trey McBride and Marquise Brown are "3 pieces of chewed hot dog and crushed chips" now? Or are we severely downplaying the talent around Kyler because Kyler isn't actually good?

They as as. 

11 hours ago, Soggust said:

Not trying to bump old threads but always a fun look at us debating a year ago. 

My top-5 is mostly the same except Lamar is in my top 5 now. I think Lamar, Allen, and Burrow are pretty interchangeable at this point, though I give the edge to Allen because I'm a Bills fan, haha. 

Edited by WizeGuy

3 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

The consensus top 5 should be Mahomes (1 or 2), Lamar, Allen, Herbert, and Burrow in some order. You can replace one of them with somebody like Dak or Purdy maybe, but otherwise that's it.

Username checks lol

One of those names is not like the others 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Tell me which QBs are better than Herbert besides the one listed.

Herbert is not in the Burrow, Lamar, Allen tier. I presume that there would be a fairly big consensus on that. Rodgers is a significant outlier in this given his age and injury but that's arguable.

Herbert is significantly closer to the next group of Dak, Purdy, etc. than he is the ones you mentioned. 

3 hours ago, ukjets21 said:

Herbert is not in the Burrow, Lamar, Allen tier. I presume that there would be a fairly big consensus on that. Rodgers is a significant outlier in this given his age and injury but that's arguable.

Herbert is significantly closer to the next group of Dak, Purdy, etc. than he is the ones you mentioned. 

Why not? Is he missing a .2 EPA per game playoff carry job? A few more embarrassing playoff losses?

I love Lamar, but he has as many good seasons as bad ones.

Allen is the most turnover-prone good QB in the league.

Burrow's backup won almost as many games as he did.

Dak's backup went 4-1 just last season.

Jimmy G was 3rd in EPA per play last year.

Meanwhile, the Chargers without Herbert were the only team to start at least 3 games with a backup QB and not win a game with said backup all season. -62 point differential in 4.5 games without Herbert, which is roughly -234 over 17 games. The unanimous worst team in the league, the Carolina Panthers, had -180 this year.

Of my proposed consensus top 5 in 2023, Herbert:

was 3rd in TDs per game (ahead of Burrow and Mahomes)

Had the best TD-INT ratio

Tied lowest INT % (with Lamar)

3rd in AY/A (ahead of Burrow and Mahomes)

2nd in Passer Rating

2nd highest pressure%

and in addition, was saddled with the worst HC in the league, the worst rookie WR in the league, the worst running game in the league, and got injured.

Of my proposed consensus top 5 from 2020 onwards, Herbert:

has the 2nd best TD-INT ratio

Lowest INT%

Highest pressure% (Burrow, with the terrible, god-awful, worst OL ever, comes in 4th)

2nd lowest bad throw%

3rd in TDs per game

3rd in ANY/A

2nd lowest pocket time

3rd in Total YPG

Mahomes has had Andy Reid, Josh Allen had Daboll and Joe Brady, Lamar had Harbaugh, while Herbert had 1 year of Steichen, then the OC who turned Calvin Johnson into Jericho Cotchery, THEN the guy who turned Dak into an MVP candidate by leaving.

Edited by HerbertGOAT

T1 - Mahomes
T2 - Lamar, Allen, Dak, Burrow
T3 - Purdy, Stroud, Tua, Cousins
T4 - Stafford, Rodgers, Herbert, Hurts, Goff, Love, Kyler
T5 - Flacco, Carr, Baker, Russ
T6 - Geno, Fields, Minshew, Lawrence
T7 - AOC, Pickett, Tyrod, Howell
T8 - Any Pats QB, Zach Wilson, Young, Ridder 

Winning a SB this year would move any player besides Mahomes, Allen, and Dak up a tier for me (would maybe move Love up two tiers).

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 2

On 1/8/2024 at 9:44 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Hollywood is ***. Conner and McBride are awesome though. Kyler was very good coming back from injury this year. Definitely a top half QB, I would argue top third. Kyler hate among fans is honestly pretty insane. He had the worst coach in the league his first four years, and now has a real coaching staff and should have been 500 with a dog **** roster in games he played. (Prater missed two kicks in the finale vs Seattle he hadn't missed all year) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Hollywood is ***. Conner and McBride are awesome though. Kyler was very good coming back from injury this year. Definitely a top half QB, I would argue top third. Kyler hate among fans is honestly pretty insane. He had the worst coach in the league his first four years, and now has a real coaching staff and should have been 500 with a dog **** roster in games he played. (Prater missed two kicks in the finale vs Seattle he hadn't missed all year) 

It’s crazy. It reminds me of hating nickle

back. There’s no team we destroy more than the cards. And I see that the kid has talent and little help. He’s asked to carry a team. No one is asked to carry the team more than Kyler. He needs a Oline. James Conner to me is as, has ok games here and there. Hollywood brown is super overrated and was never worth the first round pick.