SNF: Chiefs vs Jets,, Hello?

JetsandI

I agree Cook should not be getting the ball anymore. The guy lost a step and is now average at best. I want izzy to be the backup RB. Hall should be getting at least 12 carries ever game no matter what. His knee looks better to me. I'm glad Gipson is getting more touches too. He gets an open field he is gone. Jets pull out a win this week, they should, and will be 2-3 right back in the hunt with a W over the Bills is not bad. This team HAS to beat the pats last game of the season. I'm affrid it will come down to that last game at the Pats. They beat the Pats and end the 15 game losing streak and go to the playoffs or lose and fall back to the "Same old Jets"

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I agree Cook should not be getting the ball anymore. The guy lost a step and is now average at best. I want izzy to be the backup RB. Hall should be getting at least 12 carries ever game no matter what. His knee looks better to me. I'm glad Gipson is getting more touches too. He gets an open field he is gone. Jets pull out a win this week, they should, and will be 2-3 right back in the hunt with a W over the Bills is not bad. This team HAS to beat the pats last game of the season. I'm affrid it will come down to that last game at the Pats. They beat the Pats and end the 15 game losing streak and go to the playoffs or lose and fall back to the "Same old Jets"

You could say the same thing about Hull, but you are dead wrong it's the O line just can't run block.   Jim Brown OR Barry Sanders or OJ Simpson would do nothing with this horrible run blocking team why are you not blaming the O line.. Its like the Jets RB's are running into a brick wall.

35 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

You could say the same thing about Hull, but you are dead wrong it's the O line just can't run block.   Jim Brown OR Barry Sanders or OJ Simpson would do nothing with this horrible run blocking team why are you not blaming the O line.. Its like the Jets RB's are running into a brick wall.

Nah. Hall and Carter have a significantly higher YPC than Cook. The line is bad at run blocking but Dalvin Cook is also done being a productive RB.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Hall broke one deep on KC. There are holes there its just Cook is too slow speed wise and reaction wise. The OL is not that bad. The new line they started 2 weeks ago and kept it together last week is looking a lot better. The excuse of the bad OL is getting old. These guys are grading out better as the weeks go bye and then you add they are working together more and more everday. Brown should have never been brought back. He was the one killimg this line the most. Becton made some very good blocks too. Tippman is going to be a stud like I figured he would be. This line is average right now and climbing. They started out at the bottom but I would put them in the 15-18 range right now for best OL with the group that started the last few weeks. All OL have problems. Look at Phil last week and they are supposed to be the best and struggled last week. 

Edited by jetfuel34

Joe Tippmann is grading out as the best rookie OL in the league right now and one of the best OG in football. The future is really bright for him.

The OL we have will get better as they gain more chemistry, they are not bad. But injuries can always screw it up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Joe Tippmann is grading out as the best rookie OL in the league right now and one of the best OG in football. The future is really bright for him.

The OL we have will get better as they gain more chemistry, they are not bad. But injuries can always screw it up. 

That's pretty much what has been the worst for us?

Is Becton bad at LT? No, just injuries.

AVT? Injury.

Max Mitchell? Injury.

Out of the 5 starters, we have 4 dudes now who, aside from injuries, are very good players. No if only we can get Laken and Conor out of the lineup.

6 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Nah. Hall and Carter have a significantly higher YPC than Cook. The line is bad at run blocking but Dalvin Cook is also done being a productive RB.

Hall had one run for 56 yards. that was a run around end we are getting zero  off tackle and up the middle yards. We get no push at from the O line. Our center get push back on just about every play.

7 hours ago, jetfan8178 said:

what happened to Carter Warren? did they ever give an official if hes out for the year?

He hurt his left knee at end of collegiate season and then he tried to practice in training camp.  He didnt look good so Jets have kept him off the field since then.  It may be out of season ticket for him.

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Hall had one run for 56 yards. that was a run around end we are getting zero  off tackle and up the middle yards. We get no push at from the O line. Our center get push back on just about every play.

Yeah.  Where Cook ran, Hall won't succeed there. However, Cook has showed he lost a step.   For 7m, Jets are going to keep splitting duties for Hall and Cook until either Hall is ready to absorb a large amount of carries or Izzy is ready to step in.   OL is still a work in progress.

Well that sucks to lose due to the refs. People will point to a few mistakes by us but lets face it every team has a couple of mistakes  a game. The refs decided to no-call blatant holds and then wipe off an INT. If this any other league in any other sport in most countries I'd be sending in the cops to investigate match-fixing.

Lets really look at why the Jets lost, and it wasn't because Zach botched the hand off and the Chiefs recovered and ran out the clock.

Then we will look at some culprits who helped kill rallies. 

The Jets lost this game in the first half by the defense which gave up 17 points and put the team up against the wall. But what was exposed was the Jets for all the hoopla about being the next "thing" on defense, gave up 204 yards on the ground.

Pacheco killed them with a 5.8 average per carry and he carried the ball 20 times! HELLO!!!!

The Jets run defense was a problem last year, and it continues to be a problem this year.

Why on earth Saleh didn't go for one yard instead of trying a 52 yard field goal is another head scratcher, the Jets had old mo on their side.

Michael Carter dropped what was perhaps the easiest catch of his life, and this from a guy airing out his frustration on national tv the week before. A real mo killer.

Has Zach turned a corner? Let me tell you what I have seen over the past 4 weeks, the defense in Dallas laid an egg, the game against N.E. was winnable and the Jets should have won. The Chiefs game was one of the better games for the offense and the Jets let this one painfully slip through their hands.

But what I have witnessed from Zach was a maturity level missing the first 2 years of his pro career. Credit A.R. with that, Zach was not supposed to be "THAT GUY" this year, he was supposed to sit, and learn and take over the reigns after A.R. hung up his cleats.

But all those plans flew out the window in what seemed like micro seconds and Zach was thrust into the arena with the Lions.

I'm not surprised at what he did against the Chiefs, what surprised me was how long it took the OC to get Ruckert involved in more plays and use him in run blocking and protecting Zach. 

How long it took (3) games to figure it out that he had to be involved more, lastly that they finally put in Tippman which has improved the cohesiveness of the offensive line. Becton has been a disappointment and has allowed DL to use him like a gate to the backyard. 

The Jets have a winnable game against Denver, if the Jets can win then they will be 2-3 and the season is not over, if they lose, then its a hard road ahead.

The Defense has been a disappointment this year, and if they don't adjust in the first half, it won't be because the offense couldn't score points. It will be because the lofty expectations of the defense was a house of cards all along.

Lastly, Get Breece involved more, get those running lanes open and let this bluechip RB do his thing, it will make life easier for the entire offense.

23 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

That's pretty much what has been the worst for us?

Is Becton bad at LT? No, just injuries.

AVT? Injury.

Max Mitchell? Injury.

Out of the 5 starters, we have 4 dudes now who, aside from injuries, are very good players. No if only we can get Laken and Conor out of the lineup.

Agreed but Becton has easily been the worst graded OL on the team and the film checks out. He’s been horrible as a pass blocker.