In Flores We Trust - How Good Can This Defense Be?

cconocool

I feel like he is a great DC, he has simply been handed terrible situations with the turnovers and field positions. The Vikings didn't give him much with the offseason, and Davenport hasn't been playing. I will say Zimmer was still a better defensive coach. 

1 hour ago, ArcticNorseman said:

I think it takes a team a bit to adjust to a 3-4, but as he stands right now for me?    No, I don't think blitzing 75% of defensive snaps is smart.  This team still needs to stop the run.  

This team doesn’t have the talent up front to stop the run consistently. We don’t have the experience at CB to trust our CBs on an island. The blitzing is necessary. The lack of blitzing last year was a huge reason why our CB play was so horrendous. Especially i. Two minute situations. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

This team doesn’t have the talent up front to stop the run consistently. We don’t have the experience at CB to trust our CBs on an island. The blitzing is necessary. The lack of blitzing last year was a huge reason why our CB play was so horrendous. Especially i. Two minute situations. 

i remember fanz last year saying, "WHY DON'T WE BLITZ MORE??"

• Like 2