Week 4 MNF: Seattle Seahawks (2-1) at NY Giants (1-2)

Broncofan

Who wins tonight?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins tonight?

• Seahawks
    • Giants
    • We all win - football for 1 more game
    • I just want everyone to have fun
    • I just want choas. Pure, unadulterated chaos
    • I'm just happy there won't be any Taylor Swift or Britanny Mahomes cameo shots tonight

5 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Not every team has gotten a TNF game.

Thanksgiving day was considered to count. It was the rule from 2012 - 2022. Was put in place as everyone was freaked out about the short week. I believe week 1 is not considered to count since it isn't a short week for anyone.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/all-32-teams-will-have-one-short-week-game

The good news is that, with 16 total Thursday games this season, every team will have one short week. Every NFL franchise plays once on a Thursday, and none have a bye on the Sunday preceding the game.

For reference on this rule changing:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-thursday-night-football-games-2023/cjnuryidwfc2xpqkmv11kbss

The league changed its rules in March, allowing teams to play multiple times on Amazon Thursday night games in a season. With a limited number of slots, that means that fans of some teams won't get to watch their squad in midweek games. The goal is to have more competitive matchups and guaranteeing every team a Thursday game wasn't a good recipe for that. 

• Like 1