Week 5 GDT: [MNF] McRaiders v Packers - The one where we need to smarten up

big_palooka

How hot is that seat getting?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How do we feel about the McRaiders this week?

• Raiders rally, get a much needed win at "home"
    • Raiders come in unprepared and it's another nail in the coffin?
    • Just tank baby?

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

This is what puzzles me too. Half the offence is great, we know that Garoppolo is a capable starter who lead the 49ers to a Super Bowl and our HC does know offence, so what is going wrong??

Good coaching makes a team greater than the sum of its parts but this team, particularly the offence which is where all the resources have been plied is nowhere close to the sum of its parts. There’s some type of disconnect somewhere as you say, Garoppolo is not as bad as he’s playing and things he’s dove well all his career he’s not not doing. I don’t believe it is talent level. 

He didn’t lead bro. Been saying it for months. A top 3 rushing offense and top 3 defense led them to the SB. 

Jimmy G held them back. A better QB would’ve won it for them. There was probably 15 other QBs in the NFL that year who would’ve took them to the promised land. 

We have a bottom ten rushing offense and a mediocre defense. He isn’t taking us anywhere. Expect more interceptions. Expect his worst season. Because that’s what we’re going to get from him.

Edited by Jerry

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

He didn’t lead bro. Been saying it for months. A top 3 rushing offense and top 3 defense led them to the SB. 

Jimmy G held them back. A better QB would’ve won it for them. There was probably 15 other QBs in the NFL that year who would’ve took them to the promised land. 

We have a bottom ten rushing offense and a mediocre defense. He isn’t taking us anywhere. Expect more interceptions. Expect his worst season. Because that’s what we’re going to get from him.

Yeh, I probably used the wrong phrasing there 🙂

He did just enough to manage the games I guess. He’s been nothing short of bad here, I’m far from a fan of his but I did expect to see more. He was throwing bunches of picks in TC to our turnover phobic defence which all the beat writers tried to write off but it looks like that’s what we’re going to get.

I hope he can improve but I fear you’re right here……….. at this point it looks like maybe AOC is our best bet frankly,  Garoppolo needs to show something.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, I probably used the wrong phrasing there 🙂

He did just enough to manage the games I guess. He’s been nothing short of bad here, I’m far from a fan of his but I did expect to see more. He was throwing bunches of picks in TC to our turnover phobic defence which all the beat writers tried to write off but it looks like that’s what we’re going to get.

I hope he can improve but I fear you’re right here……….. at this point it looks like maybe AOC is our best bet frankly,  Garoppolo needs to show something.

If AOC can develop better pocket awareness and timing with our WRs, I think he can be a more serviceable QB than Jimmy G.  Right now AOC's pocket awareness is mediocre.  Which is something I didn't know was an issue.  Maybe practice and in-game experience will help that.  Some players just have it, but he isn't one of them.  Yet anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Rewatching the Chargers game, it's comical how many errors we make, especially on offense. We need a new coaching staff ASAP.

The defense balled though despite horrific missed tackles.

Just going off of Davis' comments to that fan to smarten up, it looks like he's sticking to his loyalty guns. But, I have to imagine a few more bad losses will change his mind pretty quick. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Just going off of Davis' comments to that fan to smarten up, it looks like he's sticking to his loyalty guns. But, I have to imagine a few more bad losses will change his mind pretty quick. 

I've never been a fan of Mark. I could run the team much better.

55 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Post a pic, please 

Don’t know how

figured I’m not gonna trim it, liquid marinate it over night carne asada style. Dry rub it in the morning before I throw it on. Throw the marinade juice in a squirt bottle and hit it up every hr

Over some oak wood 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Rewatching the Chargers game, it's comical how many errors we make, especially on offense. We need a new coaching staff ASAP.

The defense balled though despite horrific missed tackles.

JMD's offense has looked excellent in both preseasons and has been a cluster f*** during the regular season. We've played with urgency and have had good play design when the games didn't matter and that all vanishes in real games. 

For as much as JMD has been hyped up as a great offensive mind, the results here have been extremely lackluster. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Don’t know how

figured I’m not gonna trim it, liquid marinate it over night carne asada style. Dry rub it in the morning before I throw it on. Throw the marinade juice in a squirt bottle and hit it up every hr

Over some oak wood 

Oak is definitely the way to go with brisket