Let's talk Bryce Young

notthatbluestuff

Just watched highlights from the game. It's insane how tiny Young looks compared to everyone else.

I thought he was extremely overrated as a prospect and thought CJ should have went #1, but I didn't expect him to be this bad. Then again, doesn't seem like Carolina is doing him many favors. Still plenty of time for him to turn things around, but I wouldn't be hopeful if I'm a Carolina fan.

Tepper might be the worst owner in the league at this point.

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Just watched highlights from the game. It's insane how tiny Young looks compared to everyone else.

I thought he was extremely overrated as a prospect and thought CJ should have went #1, but I didn't expect him to be this bad. Then again, doesn't seem like Carolina is doing him many favors. Still plenty of time for him to turn things around, but I wouldn't be hopeful if I'm a Carolina fan.

I will never understand how anyone thought Young was better than Stroud. Stroud was miles better than any other QB in that draft and I felt it was fairly obvious

• Like 2

Bryce was supposed to be more pro-ready. More high-floor low-ceiling than Stroud. There was some absolute bunk about Stroud's testing and mental ability. There had NEVER been a good NFL QB out of Ohio State despite having illustrious college careers. There were a ton of supposed red flags that probably wouldn't have held up under a closer look and have proven to be bunk in the past year.

Probably more relevant for fantasy, but the Texans also looked really, really bad after 2021. The whole Jack Easterby saga was an incredibly interesting bit of history that will probably never come fully into public scrutiny. Believe it or not, going to Carolina felt like a better situation for a young QB even without a 2024 1st rounder.

At least that's what I say when people ask why I drafted Young over Stroud in dynasty. 🤡

*A lot of people were higher on Anthony Richardson than either Stroud or Young as well. If Hendon Hooker hadn't been injured you gotta wonder where he would have been taken too!

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Might be? I don't think there is any question.

18 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

I will never understand how anyone thought Young was better than Stroud. Stroud was miles better than any other QB in that draft and I felt it was fairly obvious

Well a lot of people thought he was the superior prospect.

4 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

It's laughable now that Bryce and C.J. were once considered 50/50. What did scouts miss about Bryce that made them rank him so high

I think they were kind of operating under the assumption that he wouldn't be drafted into the football equivalent of a Hidetaka Miyazaki poison swamp.

Boy, that week 10 game in Germany is gonna be fun. Panthers v. Giants. Instead of the Morgenthau Plan, we're punishing the Germans by exporting our worst football to them.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

It's laughable now that Bryce and C.J. were once considered 50/50. What did scouts miss about Bryce that made them rank him so high

The situation they both went into...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Well a lot of people thought he was the superior prospect.

And I want what drugs those people are taking. Stroud was so easily the better prospect in my mind. The only argument people had was that OSU QBs sucked in the pros, which is the lamest argument.

13 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Might be? I don't think there is any question.

Now that Snyder is gone, probably true. But I'm a Browns fan dealing with Jimmy Haslem, so IDK.