Let's talk Bryce Young

notthatbluestuff

On 10/7/2023 at 7:21 AM, MWil23 said:

I was never a Bryce believer. Way overhyped and too many outliers. He’s like 190 lbs and not an elite athlete. He also has very few weapons and a poor OL situation, but I think he busts hard.

He was billed as an elite pro ready processor and presnap wizard. I never saw that personally.

Maybe he figures it out but I don’t see it.

@Soggust I was ridiculed for this :) 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 9:53 AM, ET80 said:

Still can't tell if you're being obtuse or you genuinely don't know any better. I'm leaning you genuinely don't know any better, because you're pretty clueless in this particular argument and the data is readily available to quickly dismiss your take.

- 13th ranked passing offense (above league average)

- 24th ranked rushing offense (below league average)

So, we know why that 18th ranked offense isn't really ranked that high - and it's not the QB/WR tandems. It's more to do with the lack of production from the run game. So, the Chargers aren't winning? Probably because Austin Ekler is injured a lot, the defense is one of the four worst in the league and their Head Coach was fired. But yeah... go ahead and keep saying it's because of Herbert and the WRs.

So... are there any more of your takes you need me to deconstruct? Because it's not very difficult to disprove you, anyone with a cell phone and Google can do it (except for maybe... y'know... you).

Your opinion would be wrong, based on pretty much every single metric we have to rate these things - and you've plainly demonstrated that your "eye test" is about as reliable as Stevie Wonder's, so your opinion really isn't worth much.

But thanks for playing!

You just made my point. An upper tier QB on the Chargers can't win with the lackluster talent around him. Good job

12 minutes ago, Towerbridge said:

Read my first posts Stevie

I shouldn't say this, but you have an undiagnosed brain injury, don't you? You drank lead tainted water as a kid, right?

On 12/26/2023 at 9:06 AM, Towerbridge said:

Apparently reading comprehension is not your strong suit since I specifically said "Chiefs receivers".  Last time I checked Kelce is not a receiver

Herbert is one of the better QB's in the league and he can't win with that group, so you're wrong. 

- So we're talking about receivers.

- You say Herbert can't win with that group.

- I say it's more a function of a bottom 4 defense and one of the worst coaching staffs in football.

- You try to cite a bad offense.

- I share stats showing it's actually a top half passing offense. Defense, running O, coaching aren't good, but the passing offense is good.

And somehow... that's proving YOUR point? Holy hell... it's hard to believe out of seven million sperm, YOU were the fastest.

I'm done. Off to the ignore list you go.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I shouldn't say this, but you have an undiagnosed brain injury, don't you? You drank lead tainted water as a kid, right?

- So we're talking about receivers.

- You say Herbert can't win with that group.

- I say it's more a function of a bottom 4 defense and one of the worst coaching staffs in football.

- You try to cite a bad offense.

- I share stats showing it's actually a top half passing offense. Defense, running O, coaching aren't good, but the passing offense is good.

And somehow... that's proving YOUR point? Holy hell... it's hard to believe out of seven million sperm, YOU were the fastest.

I'm done. Off to the ignore list you go.

I specifically said receivers about the Chiefs.  The Chargers offense and defense around Herbert sucks. Chargers offense should be better with Herbert. I'm sorry I huffed paint in my parents garage. I can't help you there

After today I feel is a good time to bring this back up. 

After watching him lately I have legit concerns in his pocket presence and ability to win from the pocket. 

He's struggled so much this year. There were very few high points, and as a OSU alum who loved CJ coming out, but still had Bryce higher I'm very surprised and concerned that nothing's look good. 

He's got the world ahead of him, but is it just he offense and his weapons, or has it looked like too much for him to succeed long term? 

I'd still bet he'll recover, but man seeing nothing overly positive all season has got to be at least legit concerning. 

Edited by brownie man

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

After today I feel is a good time to bring this back up. 

After watching him lately I have legit concerns in his pocket presence and ability to win from the pocket. 

He's struggled so much this year. There were very few high points, and as a OSU alum who loved CJ coming out, but still had Bryce higher I'm very surprised and concerned that nothing's look good. 

He's got the world ahead of him, but is it just he offense and his weapons, or has it looked like too much for him to succeed long term? 

I'd still bet he'll recover, but man seeing nothing overly positive all season has got to be at least legit concerning. 

We're not going to have an answer this year. We'll have to see what happens. Carolina needs to get a coach in there who can maximize his skillset, give him some legit WRs, and get better play out of the OL. Goff and Lawrence were terrible as rookies as #1 picks, yet they turned their careers around quickly because their teams hired legit coaches.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

We're not going to have an answer this year. We'll have to see what happens. Carolina needs to get a coach in there who can maximize his skillset, give him some legit WRs, and get better play out of the OL. Goff and Lawrence were terrible as rookies as #1 picks, yet they turned their careers around quickly because their teams hired legit coaches.

With how every single decision we have made since 2021 has blown up in our face, I'm going to go ahead and say Bryce is doomed, and the Panthers would be better off just tanking and looking forward to 2025 when the stank will (hopefully) be washed off of this franchise.

All hope especially needs to be thrown out of the window if Scott Fitterer isn't fired next week.  Blame it on whomever - Rhule, Tepper, Fitterer - but no team has made worse personnel decisions over the last 3 years.  I want to have faith but I really can't see this being turned around in a single offseason.  Outside of Derrick Brown and Brian Burns (who we turned down 2 1st round picks for and still haven't signed to a long-term deal), we have nothing in the way of proven, established young talent (Horn potentially but he needs to stay healthy).  Or even veteran talent.

Saving grace is we play in the NFC South.  But we are so behind the rest of the 3 teams in the division in talent that it almost doesn't matter.  

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

We're not going to have an answer this year. We'll have to see what happens. Carolina needs to get a coach in there who can maximize his skillset, give him some legit WRs, and get better play out of the OL.

I'm jumping in a bit late and haven't decided my position yet, but would you have this same perspective on all first year QBs? Say, Desmond Ridder?

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Goff and Lawrence were terrible as rookies as #1 picks, yet they turned their careers around quickly because their teams hired legit coaches.

Man idk if I love this example. Goff got shipped out of town and Lawrence is likely next if he doesn't perform in his prove-it year next year. I don't think that's the benchmark Panthers fans are hoping for with Young.

28 minutes ago, Soggust said:

I'm jumping in a bit late and haven't decided my position yet, but would you have this same perspective on all first year QBs? Say, Desmond Ridder?

Man idk if I love this example. Goff got shipped out of town and Lawrence is likely next if he doesn't perform in his prove-it year next year. I don't think that's the benchmark Panthers fans are hoping for with Young.

Why would the Jags move on from Lawrence? 

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Why would the Jags move on from Lawrence? 

Oh sorry, I think my timeline is screwed up.

I actually believe the Jags have a 5th year option in 2025 so maybe they would give him another year after next, but to answer your question - his play would be the reason, if it doesn't improve.

Just now, Soggust said:

Oh sorry, I think my timeline is screwed up.

I actually believe the Jags have a 5th year option in 2025 so maybe they would give him another year after next, but to answer your question - his play would be the reason, if it doesn't improve.

I just don’t think it’d be smart to move on from a top 10-13 QB. We have been *** for so long and now on the verge of B2B division titles for the first time in 25 years. He didn’t have the year I was expecting but he’s still a solid QB. Not the generational guy everyone labeled him as but I would give him 5/200 and be happy with it. 

• Like 1