Let's talk Bryce Young

notthatbluestuff

I mean what happened is obvious, it's what happens to all these guys.

He got thrown in, beaten to hell in an offense that taught him bad habits, had all those habits hammered into his body by getting hit a lot and playing too much, and now just reverts to those habits when NFL speed shows up.

It doesn't matter how much they do for him, it's done, he needs to go be a backup for a few years and reset himself if he ever wants to find NFL success, but it's not happening with the Panthers.

• Like 2

It was laughable how many people called him a "can't miss prospect".

I thought he would be better than this, but I didn't think he was anywhere close to the borderline generational prospect some made him out to be.

• Like 3

He’s 5’10 and was under 200 pounds and a historical outlier by essentially every metric ever, was a forced pick by the owner over the entire staff who preferred Stroud, and then if that wasn’t enough they had zero OL/WR infrastructure to support him.

He is terrible and would still suck but he never had a chance.

On 9/11/2024 at 4:38 AM, notthatbluestuff said:

He's grown slightly bulkier since, but I always go back to this photo from training camp last year; it looks like a random teenager ran onto the field and put on a helmet.

b69dd211b6fb3df945e7fde8428aafaa5b94acb3

It looks like a Make A Wish picture minus the facial hair 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Towerbridge said:

Bo Nix might actually be worse. 

Bryce has a full season on Bo, on top of an additional training camp and offseason of preparation and training.

More than that, Bo was a massive reach that most people felt needed work in the NFL.  Bryce was widely considered a special talent that was largely pro ready, and was almost a consensus top pick amomg "experts".

If Bo is worse, its not by much.....and factoring in those other facts, its so much worse for Bryce and the Panthers, especially considering they gave up multiple firsts to get him.

• Like 1