Let's talk Bryce Young

notthatbluestuff

34 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

7’3”? Damn, he should be playing basketball.

I actually had to check his height. Obviously not 7 foot, but QBs over 6'6" (6'7" and up) actually have a worse bust rate than QBs under 6' (Maye is 6'4")

Edited by nagahide13

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Forgot about Jimmy G and Daniel Jones. Still, 5 picks to 3 TD passes, and last year he was leading the league in interceptions before getting hurt. Stafford is not a top 15 QB. Allen, Pat, and Kirk still have at least 2:1 TD to int ratios. Stafford does not.

Stafford is absolutely playing at a high level right now....Kyren Williams has 5 rushing TDs, mostly short yardage. Looking at Staffords TD/INT ratio is misleading

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Most of this forum that follows the draft knew who Nico Collins was.

Most of them figured he was a bust after the last two seasons, too. I was the biggest Nico Collins truther on this site, and even *I* didn't see this coming.

My overall point is that people are now gassing up a team that many consider to be one of the worst in football during the off-season. The trade up for Will Anderson was considered foolish - not because Anderson isn't a good player, but because the Texans were handing Arizona Caleb Williams AND Marvin Harrison Jr with this trade, Texans were going to lose big by giving up a top 5 pick.

Now, Stroud balls out and elevates this team and somebody quickly says "weLL giVe bRyCe tHoSe wEaPonS aNd oL aNd hE'd LoOk gOoD..."

Give me a freakin' break. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Most of them figured he was a bust after the last two seasons, too. I was the biggest Nico Collins truther on this site, and even *I* didn't see this coming.

My overall point is that people are now gassing up a team that many consider to be one of the worst in football during the off-season. The trade up for Will Anderson was considered foolish - not because Anderson isn't a good player, but because the Texans were handing Arizona Caleb Williams AND Marvin Harrison Jr with this trade, Texans were going to lose big by giving up a top 5 pick.

Now, Stroud balls out and elevates this team and somebody quickly says "weLL giVe bRyCe tHoSe wEaPonS aNd oL aNd hE'd LoOk gOoD..."

Nice considering that this draft is loaded at wr they can still get 3 top 64 wr and keep cap in order without paying 18 million to a 300 yard receiver. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Guys who make a living off fantasy football (big tournament winners, content creators, etc) swear by the third year being the holy grail breakout years for WR’s. Not only is it their breakout season, it’s usually the best season of their entire career. A lot of them loved Nico this year. And JaMarr Chase was suppose to explode this year for 1600-1700 yards and 16 TDs and be the most productive WR, but Burrow can’t throw. Such a shame. I feel bad for Chase. Happy for Nico though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I'm just saying Nico wasn't some obscure 7th round small school WR, most of us knew who he was, just not what he was capable of.

Bryce Young on the Texans isn't automatically going to be better than Young on the Panthers, but let's not pretend the Panthers skill players and OL aren't the trashiest of the trash heap.
Theilan vs Collins? Your taking Collins, regardless of whatever people thought in August.
Tank Dell vs any WR on the Panthers? You're taking Dell.
Shultz vs Hayden Hurst? You're taking Shultz.
Pierce vs Miles Sanders? You both need new RB's.
Tunsil vs Ikem? You're taking Tunsil.

Are the Texans weapons great? Nope, but even if the Texans had the 31st worst group in the NFL (They don't- that's probably NE or NYG), there's still a gap between 31 and the #32 Panthers, even if people didn't think so 5 weeks ago. The Panthers are gross.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Would you trade Nico Collins for any WR on the Panthers?

Would you trade Tank Dell for any WR on the Panthers?

Would you trade Schultz for any TE on the Panthers?

Forget what people thought before the season.  Right now, do you think the Texans have inferior weapons than the Panthers?  Stroud has undoubtedly elevated the Texans.  However, that and the Texans having better receiving threats than the Panthers can both be true.  Nobody is saying Burrow doesn't elevate the Bengals because he has one of the best receiving groups.  Both things can be true.  

It isn't like people are saying the Texans have studs.  Just that their group is better than the Panthers group.  Now maybe you disagree.  But I feel like most people are definitely taking Nico Collins over any Panthers WR.  

Edited by iknowcool

13 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Would you trade Nico Collins for any WR on the Panthers?

Would you trade Tank Dell for any WR on the Panthers?

Would you trade Schultz for any TE on the Panthers?

I'm just trying to understand your stance.  Forget what people thought before the season.  Right now, do you think the Texans have inferior weapons than the Panthers?  I haven't seen anyone in this thread take away from what Stroud has accomplished.  And he has undoubtedly elevated the Texans.  However, that and the Texans having better receiving threats than the Panthers can both be true.  Nobody is saying Burrow doesn't elevate the Bengals because he has one of the best receiving groups.  Both things can be true.  

Personally? I'd say Jonathan Mingo has an argument. I prefer Tank Dell, but I liked both prospects more than Nico Collins. Nico has developed well though and is performing so obviously wouldn't do that trade now. If it was during the draft and Nico Collins for OTC pick of Jonathan Mingo, I'd probably go Mingo. I don't watch Panthers though so maybe Mingo hasn't been good. I liked him a lot as a prospect though.

6 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Stafford is absolutely playing at a high level right now....Kyren Williams has 5 rushing TDs, mostly short yardage. Looking at Staffords TD/INT ratio is misleading

Third in passing yards, weird for a QB who throws “two bad passes for every good one.” I guess it’s just Nacua carrying him, huh?

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

It's absolutely incredible what we're seeing in this thread. Someone said they had Houston among the best and deepest OL before the season? 

I wonder how views on Carolina's receivers will change when Bryce starts playing better (and he will)...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

It's absolutely incredible what we're seeing in this thread. Someone said they had Houston among the best and deepest OL before the season? 

I wonder how views on Carolina's receivers will change when Bryce starts playing better (and he will)...

Stop spamming the wrong thread category, bro; "Terrace Marshall v Justin Jefferson who is the more complete LSU size king" belongs in NFL Comparisons smdh other mods please move thank you, confirmed

I'm unsure how I feel about Bryce Young overall, but I'm positive that trade was stupid as hell. I wasn't particularly high on him as a prospect but even if I was I wouldnt think too highly of his chances there. 

The Pathers were already a horrible team with horrible assets and they traded away one of their best players and all of their picks and flexibility for Bryce. They set him up to fail. Someone like CMC would be helpful for him but they gave him away too. Just no direction or intelligence from the team. 

Stroud is another level. At OSU he threw so well with anticipation and could attack the entire field. Not surprised to see him balling, but am surprised to see it happening this soon. Texans are lucky, they unloaded a toxic asset in Watson, reaped the rewards, and get an actual guy back there.