John Dorsey named GM

hornbybrown

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Just to throw in on the Jimmy G situation - if you believe the Schefty theory, then Cleveland never really had a shot because Jimmy G was never on market. Schefty stated that he believes that the Pats realized that they had to move him at the deadline because they coudln't get an extension. 49ers were out of conference, BB has a certain respect for Shanny and Lynch etc, so the trade just fell into the 49ers lap. BB called the 49ers and asked if they had interest, 49ers said yes, and 5 minutes later there was a trade. I don't think that Jimmy G was ever actively "put out there" for the Browns to even offer on. It just so happened that the 49ers were the team BB wanted to call first, and then it was done. All guesswork by Schefty, though. 

There were a number of credible local reports that I assume Schefty was leaning on prior to his interview. They all said some combination of: Bellichick wanted him out of conference, Bellichick is still pissed at the Browns, Jimmy G didn't want to end up here and NE has a veeeeery close relationship with his agent and didn't want to piss him off.

We never had a shot.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If the rumors are true, Garoppolo was never going to be a Brown.

Iirc we offered the 12th pick before the draft and they said no.  Part of it was his agent didn't want him playing here and he represents other players and they didn't want to make an issue for minimal improvement in value, again, if the rumors were true.

Lastly, to the "Sashi went home early that day" nonsense, it's 2017, folks have everything they need to make a trade happen in their pockets. 

Yep. GM's don't do business with landlines anymore. Especially ones in their 30's. Most of the trades I hear detailed breakdowns on in multiple sports happen by cell phone today and then the officials are done via e-mail or fax.

On 12/17/2017 at 3:16 PM, NudeTayne said:

That makes all of us on this board then who don't want Lewis anywhere near Cleveland. At least McAdoo had a moustache to fall back on. I'll assume your post above is one sentence since there is absolutely no punctuation except weirdly after a space. 

Ask your owner who Kurt is. 

And that silliness sounds great.  Please roast me. 

Sit down ! I WIN!!!! ✌?✌?✌?✌?

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

They give out troll of the year awards?

I literally have no idea what he's talking about. I appreciate the cheeky yet subtle animosity of a well placed hand-holding gif. These millennials, however,  just seem to be too hopped up on babysitter meds to remain coherent. Humbug.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, we'll see.  

I'm at the point where I'll believe it when I see it. 

Another couple losses and a 1-31 record and Dorsey would be a fool to stake his reputation on Hue.

I'm not debating that as I hope you're right, I'm just merely stating what he said on the radio interview. Honestly, what madman brings a guy back who is 1-31 and GOTTEN WORSE in their 2nd year?

*Thinks immediately about Jimmy Haslem and how Hue reports directly to him and not Dorsey*

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'm not debating that as I hope you're right, I'm just merely stating what he said on the radio interview. Honestly, what madman brings a guy back who is 1-31 and GOTTEN WORSE in their 2nd year?

*Thinks immediately about Jimmy Haslem and how Hue reports directly to him and not Dorsey*

Jesus what have we done to deserve such an incompetent schmuck as our owner?

Archived