Is Deshaun Watson.. load managing?

General Tso

4 hours ago, Dome said:

Load managing doesn’t seem to be his M.O. historically, so I doubt it 

On the plus side, it's not like he's sitting because he's got 30+ sexual misconduct cases pending. *This* time, he's taking a page from Jalen Ramsey's playbook and feigning injury.

I can't really confirm or deny anything, but given his MO - he's quitting on another franchise.

• Like 9

Watson didn’t practice Monday through Wednesday with an ouchie on his shoulder. Who ever could have predicted that a guy who quit on his former Houston team, has been enabled with zero accountability, only came here for the paycheck, and then quit moments before the game last weekend despite being medically cleared would probably bail again going against a legitimate opponent?

What leverage do the Browns have?

What incentive to play does Watson have with almost 4 years left to get that next contract?

I feel bad for Kevin Stefanski and the fans. Jimmy Haslem and Andrew Barry are the worst things to happen to this organization since 1995.

Wake me up in 2027

• Like 12

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

On the plus side, it's not like he's sitting because he's got 30+ sexual misconduct cases pending. *This* time, he's taking a page from Jalen Ramsey's playbook and feigning injury.

I can't really confirm or deny anything, but given his MO - he's quitting on another franchise.

Horrific, but that's where we're at sadly.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Watson didn’t practice Monday through Wednesday with an ouchie on his shoulder. Who ever could have predicted that a guy who quit on his former Houston team, has been enabled with zero accountability, only came here for the paycheck, and then quit moments before the game last weekend despite being medically cleared would probably bail again going against a legitimate opponent?

What leverage do the Browns have?

What incentive to play does Watson have with almost 4 years left to get that next contract?

I feel bad for Kevin Stefanski and the fans. Jimmy Haslem and Andrew Barry are the worst things to happen to this organization since 1995.

Wake me up in 2027

Ah yes, fans questioning the toughness of athletes. A tradition like no other!! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah probably completely unwarranted given his past history and the evidence I gave to support my opinion.

Because the two situations are so similar, right? 

Why exactly would he be quitting on the Browns? Watson was coming off his best performance in a while against the Titans. What would the reason be for him wanting to quit after week 3 when the team was 2-1? 

If he can't go, then he can't go. The injury could be worse than what the team is letting on.

As if that has never happened before, especially in this league… 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Because the two situations are so similar, right? 

Why exactly would he be quitting on the Browns? Watson was coming off his best performance in a while against the Titans. What would the reason be for him wanting to quit after week 3 when the team was 2-1? 

If he can't go, then he can't go. The injury could be worse than what the team is letting on.

As if that has never happened before, especially in this league… 

He was medically cleared and chose not to play.

He bailed on an interview yesterday.

Those are facts and warrant reasonable skepticism, especially given his past antics elsewhere and here. You’re free to disagree, but pretending as though it’s not a reasonable stance is a bit disingenuous here.

• Like 10