Eagles @ Jets

jetfuel34

I knew they would win. i put 300 on Jets +7. I was a big hater of Wilson but he did a great job today. He took the sack instead of throwing an INT. I hope Tippman can come back soon. i have no idea why Sanchez said you scored to quick. No you take the TD all day long. The had not scored a TD all day long and the D was playing great with the crowd behind them. You take the TD ever time. This was a great game and I hope things turn for us. Crazy to see AROD out throwing a football and walking around. That is crazy right there. 

Jet are 3-3 entering the bye week so we have ABSOLUTELY no reason to draw up mock draft during that week. 😠

If Jets are legit, Hall's TD is idiotic. No question about that.  Jets' DL is the major reason the defense can still hold the game well. Not to forget Quincy Williams as LB there.

Wilson did his job admirably but he still can't carry the offense. However, the way he continues performing until Rodgers comes back Jets should not think about taking qb in 1st round.   Rodgers and Wilson should do the trick this year and next year.

On 10/12/2023 at 11:13 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

Zach’s growth will give us a shot as long as the offensive approach puts pressure on the Eagles instead of letting them put pressure on us. I think we’ll struggle to stop their run game. 

If the offense can give us 20 points I think we can hold them to under 20 points.

Told y’all 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Saleh deserves credit, even though I do bag him sometimes.  Ulbrich is phenomenal at halftime adjustments.  Our personnel choices on the DL are questionable sometimes.  We'll have a huge play and they rest Q or they bring Lawson off the bench.  Is Hackett a worse OC than HC?  

I can't judge Hackett yet because of the Wilson situation. He has made some bad decisions but he has drawn up a lot of good plays. Rodgers in this situation knows how to read defenses better and adjust before the snap as well as communicate with coaches what opportunities he sees. Z.Wilson is making progress, but he's not even close to that yet. So they both may be adapting to each other. We got the Giants and Chargers next. That will likely tell me what I need to know about both. 

Edited by rickyt31

11 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I can't judge Hackett yet because of the Wilson situation. He has made some bad decisions but he has drawn up a lot of good plays. Rodgers in this situation knows how to read defenses better and adjust before the snap as well as communicate with coaches what opportunities he sees. Z.Wilson is making progress, but he's not even close to that yet. So they both may be adapting to each other. We got the Giants and Chargers next. That will likely tell me what I need to know about both. 

I hate Russ Wilson. lol

I disliked our Wilson's decision at end of 1st half (threw football without a pinpoint accuracy to Cobb).  I think it was Lazard but one WR went deep toward endzone but Wilson passed to Cobb instead on 4th down?????????   Not to mention, inside the freaking chain!!!!   

52 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I knew they would win. i put 300 on Jets +7. I was a big hater of Wilson but he did a great job today. He took the sack instead of throwing an INT. I hope Tippman can come back soon. i have no idea why Sanchez said you scored to quick. No you take the TD all day long. The had not scored a TD all day long and the D was playing great with the crowd behind them. You take the TD ever time. This was a great game and I hope things turn for us. Crazy to see AROD out throwing a football and walking around. That is crazy right there. 

Stunning win… I like Sanchez a lot in the booth, but he’s incorrect there. With a veteran QB and a decent O-line, maybe you take it down and settle for a FG worst case.

48 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Stunning win… I like Sanchez a lot in the booth, but he’s incorrect there. With a veteran QB and a decent O-line, maybe you take it down and settle for a FG worst case.

Yeah. I think the in a situation with an established successful offense you run it down and kick the field goal. This team though, has has real struggles and has been snakebit at times. A fumble, a muffed snap, a blocked kick and suddenly we lose. 

If Zach Wilson can start throwing some TD passes, I think we will be happier with him.

Can't believe we won without Sauce and Reed. The defense stepped up. Bryce Huff became a starting DE basically and is dominating, he had 9 QB pressures tonight. Jermaine Johnson had a few clutch plays, caused 2 INTs. 

Loved seeing Tony Adams making the big play. 

• Like 1

Weeks 1-3 we struggled moving the ball outside of a few drives. Weeks 4-6 we’re now moving the ball but we aren’t finishing drives due to penalties, playcalling and execution. 

Redzone will be cleaned up during the bye week. It’s gonna be fine. Defense is lights out once they figure out opposing offenses. We’re gonna be fine. I truly believe it.

Very happy with this win. I hate the Eagles and Nick Siriani is the biggest ****** in the NFL. Defense is far from perfect but man do they make big plays and keep teams from scoring points. Hopefully we can figure out how to finish on the pass rush. 

Offensively we still aren’t getting Breece Hall the ball enough. The red zone has been a nightmare as well. Zach has gotten much better between the 20s and you can see his confidence but my god is he brutal in the red zone. Still think this team needs a WR2 badly. Corey Davis retiring was a brutal blow. Allen Lazard is a JAG. 

Good time to have a BYE week. I hope JD does some roster work as well and maybe try try and get rid of Lawson, Hardman and even Cook. If we are going to make a playoff push we need another play maker on offense to take some of the pressure off Garrett Wilson. 

5 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Very happy with this win. I hate the Eagles and Nick Siriani is the biggest ****** in the NFL. Defense is far from perfect but man do they make big plays and keep teams from scoring points. Hopefully we can figure out how to finish on the pass rush. 

Offensively we still aren’t getting Breece Hall the ball enough. The red zone has been a nightmare as well. Zach has gotten much better between the 20s and you can see his confidence but my god is he brutal in the red zone. Still think this team needs a WR2 badly. Corey Davis retiring was a brutal blow. Allen Lazard is a JAG. 

Good time to have a BYE week. I hope JD does some roster work as well and maybe try try and get rid of Lawson, Hardman and even Cook. If we are going to make a playoff push we need another play maker on offense to take some of the pressure off Garrett Wilson. 

I hope Tippman can come back after the bye week. I do think a few moves would help out. I did see that maybe Judey and Sutton are on the trade block. I think Gipson can be very good too if he can get the ball more. 

10 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

If Zach Wilson can start throwing some TD passes, I think we will be happier with him.

Can't believe we won without Sauce and Reed. The defense stepped up. Bryce Huff became a starting DE basically and is dominating, he had 9 QB pressures tonight. Jermaine Johnson had a few clutch plays, caused 2 INTs. 

Loved seeing Tony Adams making the big play. 

It's going to be an interesting off season. What if Zach gets hot (maybe a 20% chance) and gets this team to 10-7, maybe even wins a playoff game with game management? I don't think you can bring him back on a lame duck year. I mean, you could, but why not trade him and get some pieces for A-Rog? Or what if A-Rog is done and they have to keep Zach on the bench just in case it happens all over again? It's a good problem to have, but tanking doesn't seem like an option now... unless they implode against the Giants. I think that Patriot game will decide what they want to do with Zach long term. If he's still playing like crap by then, just cut bait.

I mean, this year is what it is. Unlikely to make the playoffs still (maybe 42-48% chance), and looking like it'll be @KC, @Jags, @Miami @ Cinci/Balt best case scenario. Sets them up for terrible draft position yet again.