The MVP race

Steelersfan43

21 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I think right now it has to be between Dak and Purdy.

I would say the only reason why Tyreek shouldnt win the MVP is bc if you give it to him then that says alot about Kupp not getting it in 2021 when Kupp almost broke the receptions record and the receiving yards record and he had 16 tds. Right now Hill has 93 catches compared to Kupp 145 in 2021 (5 short of the record). Hill has 1481yds receiving compared to Kupp 1947yds receiving. So assume Hill will break that alone with the record. Hill has 12 receiving tds compared to Kupp 16 tds in 2021. I think Hill will at least tie if not surpass 16 tds. But my point again is Kupp was the triple crown and while Hill looks to get the receiving yards record and at least have the same amount of tds as Kupp had in 2021, he wont even come close to the receptions that Kupp had. Hill wont be the triple crown winner and if Kupp didnt win the MVP in 2021 then Hill shouldnt win the MVP this season.

If I had to choose between Dak and Purdy I would give it to Dak. He has been playing way better than Purdy in the last 6 or so games. Purdy had that three game stretch recently where he struggled really bad and the Niners were on a 3 game losing streak. Dak has looked sensational. Now this upcoming stretch for Dak is going to determine if he actually will win it. He has the Eagles in a HUGE game. Then he has the Dolphins and Bills both on the road. Then he has the Lions. So if he can continue to play extremely well and he has to WIN I think he will get it bc he will have the numbers, playing great as the season went on and the team would be the NFCE winner and possibly the 2nd seed if not the 1 seed depending on how the Niners finish. 

There’s no 2021 Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady QB season blocking Tyreek like There was with Kupp. For the record I wouldn’t vote Tyreek either just pointing it out 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

There’s no 2021 Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady QB season blocking Tyreek like There was with Kupp. For the record I wouldn’t vote Tyreek either just pointing it out 

That is true. For the record I’d be thrilled to see Tyreek win it. I’m tired of it being a QB only award. CMC people forgotten about him and he has been doing great things this season. Feels like every game he is scoring a td to go along with what he does rushing and receiving. The only negative for him is Purdy and Deebo. But yeah it’s going to be a QB who wins again but I’d be happy if Tyreek won I just don’t see him winning.

Edited by stl4life07

16 hours ago, Melbourne 9er said:

Never really understood the comeback/GWD narrative. You get marked up because you were crap in the first half or 3 quarters when the defense is at their freshest? Makes no sense. Wouldn't a QB that gets his team up by 2-3 TDs and then run out the game be more valuable?

I agree, to an extent.  It definitely requires context.  MVP is a media narrative driven award, and it's a stat they like to toss out there when publicly separating candidates.  They'll directly tie it to the word valuable.  I wasn't meaning it's something I personally put much stock into, just that its something that gets involved in the conversation.  When a player is the qb on a potentially 13-14 win team, and 5-6 of those wins get credited to 4th quarter comebacks/GWD's and he's at or near the top of the league in TDs (second in the league in rushing tds, not sure where he is in total, but he has to be within a td or 2, if he doesn't have the most), the people that actually vote are going to drink that stuff up because it gives them something to cover.      

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

False. He already has 18 TDs

After the Bengals game he was on pace for 20 passing TD this season.

If we're also accounting for rushing TD's he's tied for 14th with 18 total TDs behind guys like Jordan Love, Sam Howell, and Josh Dobbs.

Purdy, Dak, Hurts, Tua. Would say whoever has the hottest finish (individual + team) from these guys will win it. If 49ers get 1 seed and Purdy maintains his statistical output, I have a hard time seeing anyone else win it.

Hill should win it if he cracks 2k, and I think he will get votes, but those aforementioned QBs would all need unimpressive finishes to get beat out by Hill.

• Like 1

With no clear cut MVP front runner this year, if Packers win out and Love continues his dominant play and finishes with 40+ TDs, he'd have to get some consideration. This is the youngest offense since the 0-16 Browns and has been missing his best playmaker(Jones) and all pro LT for most of the season. 

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Purdy, Dak, Hurts, Tua. Would say whoever has the hottest finish (individual + team) from these guys will win it. If 49ers get 1 seed and Purdy maintains his statistical output, I have a hard time seeing anyone else win it.

Hill should win it if he cracks 2k, and I think he will get votes, but those aforementioned QBs would all need unimpressive finishes to get beat out by Hill.

Agreed. Not sure how you can see the numbers those 4 have put up vs the numbers TLaw and think he was a legit MVP candidate.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

You think TLaw had as good a chance as anyone despite producing less TD's than Josh Dobbs so far on the season?

It's a 4 man race between Hurts, Tua, Dak, and Purdy.

It's not a 4 man race. It's like a 10-12man race.

Some have better chance, of course, due to current stats and upcoming schedule. But it's absolutely within reasonable reach for like a dozen 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's not a 4 man race. It's like a 10-12man race.

Some have better chance, of course, due to current stats and upcoming schedule. But it's absolutely within reasonable reach for like a dozen 

Unless TLaw exploded for like 30 TD down the stretch he had no chance, he wasn't playing great.