Do you think the Bills current window is closed?

CP3MVP

22 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

To be clear, I don't know who the drafting issue is the fault of. The Bills certainly should. I'm not suggesting they should try firing random people because they can't possibly know who the problem is. I'm saying from the outside, I couldn't tell you.

Yeah I think we agree. The organization should know and will hopefully make the right call. But my original take was towards outside folks who were calling for his job.

22 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Also, the Browns took 5 first round QBs in about 25 years. The problem was not that they kept picking QBs. The problem was that they kept picking QBs that sucked. That's not an argument for not trying to find a QB, though. Is your suggestion that they should have stopped drafting QBs because it wasn't working? Like, I don't get the point you're making, there.

Sorry, I must be misremembering it as more (although 1 every 5 years not great lol). But the point being, if every QB we draft sucks perhaps we have other issues in our organization. Whether that be drafting, developing, protecting or providing weapons for that QB, we're probably doing some other major things wrong that should probably be addressed before giving up on our first round pick after going .500.

And are we kinda slandering McDermott a bit here? It's always so hard to quantify coaches objectively, but the guy has the #6 best active win percentage amongst HC. He also has 4 recent playoff wins. Apart from public consensus, is there anything to really suggest to us that he's a QB-purgatory level coach?

When we replace him, we expect a top 5 coach, right? Or are we happy with a worse coach who just gets luckier than Sean in the postseason? I don't think we are replacing a Baker level QB. I might even get creative and suggest - what if we are replacing a Josh Allen level HC? =p. edit- just to clarify this is a subtle shot at Allen being around #5-6 not sean being top 3 - sry bills fans

Edited by Soggust

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2023 at 9:57 AM, lancerman said:

This is my standpoint. They have the talent, but for whatever reason, this isn't the staff to lead them there. 

You gotta also look back to Sean Mcdermott first year as a head coach in 2017. They had no talent. But Mcdermott was able to lead that team to the playoffs with Tyrod Taylor as the starting QB. 

Honestly on defense i just see us getting old. Hyde and Poyer arent what they once were. Offensively has been a struggle with no true opposite reciever other than Diggs. Davis just isnt it. May make some huge plays but disappears far to often. Defenses are figuring out... just double Diggs. Kincaid emerging has helped our underneath stuff but we havent been able to take the top off defenses 

No, a teams window is never closed when you have an elite, top 3 QB.

Bills will need to re tool and get a new safety duo after this season but they still have a lot of young talent that has actually popped this season (listed players below). Which they needed badly when you're paying your QB alot; even though Josh Allen is like the 10th highest paid QB now lol. 

Offense: James Cook (RB), Dalton Kincaid (TE) , Khalil Shakir (WR), O'Cyrus Torrence (OG), Connor McGovern (OG), Spencer Brown (OT)

Defense: Ed Oliver (went from good to elite, DT), Terrell Bernard (Tremaine Edmunds who?), Greg Rosseau, Christian Benford (CB)

Potential loses next season: Jordan Poyer, Micah Hyde, Tre White (replaced by Rasul Douglas so won't be as bad), Gabe Davis, Von Miller?, AJ Epeneza

20 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Imagine the Bills winning out and facing KC first round.

Would be great for ratings but if the Bills won out, the Bills would most likely win the division and host a game.

Bills are technically one game behind the Dolphins right now since the Bills already beat them and they play the final week of the season. 

So the Bills need to make up one game on the Dolphins before week 18 and below are the next three games. 

Bills: vs Cowboys, @ Chargers, vs Patriots

Miami: vs Jets, @ Baltimore, vs Cowboys

Edited by The BILLievers

8 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Would be great for ratings but if the Bills won out, the Bills would most likely win the division and host a game.

Bills are technically one game behind the Dolphins right now since the Bills already beat them and they play the final week of the season. 

So the Bills need to make up one game on the Dolphins before week 18 and below are the next three games. 

Bills: vs Cowboys, @ Chargers, vs Patriots

Miami: vs Jets, @ Baltimore, vs Cowboys

But Bills @ KC serves the NFL script so we're going to get that.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

No, a teams window is never closed when you have an elite, top 3 QB.

Bills will need to re tool and get a new safety duo after this season but they still have a lot of young talent that has actually popped this season (listed players below). Which they needed badly when you're paying your QB alot; even though Josh Allen is like the 10th highest paid QB now lol. 

Offense: James Cook (RB), Dalton Kincaid (TE) , Khalil Shakir (WR), O'Cyrus Torrence (OG), Connor McGovern (OG), Spencer Brown (OT)

Defense: Ed Oliver (went from good to elite, DT), Terrell Bernard (Tremaine Edmunds who?), Greg Rosseau, Christian Benford (CB)

Potential loses next season: Jordan Poyer, Micah Hyde, Tre White (replaced by Rasul Douglas so won't be as bad), Gabe Davis, Von Miller?, AJ Epeneza

I don’t know if they have an elite top 3 QB.

see the thread for all the teams with great QBs who weren’t contenders