Do you think the Bills current window is closed?

CP3MVP

On 10/26/2023 at 5:13 PM, FrantikRam said:

The irony behind that comment since we're talking about Brees himself is that he got the ball in OT but didn't score

Yeah people only focus on the missed call. The Saints got away with alot of missed calls throughout the game but the Rams overcame them. Then the Saints still had the lead and couldnt stop Goff from driving down the field for Zeurlein to send it into OT. And as you said Brees had the ball first in OT. The refs even called a PI on the Rams on that drive and Brees still turned the ball over. Rams got the ball back and Goff again drove the ball down the field to set up Zeurlein for the game-winning FG.

So anyone who says the Rams didnt deserve to win that game is fooling themselves. Same can be said against the Niners. People only talk about the Tartt drop. That came during the span where the Niners literally wasnt even gaining positive yards on offense. So unless they thought Tartt was going to get a pick 6 (which he wasnt), even if he did catch that ball, they Niners wasnt going to do anything with it bc they werent doing anything on offense in the 4th quarter. And nobody talks about the Ramsey dropped pick 6 later on in the 4th. As if the Tartt drop was the only thing that happened. Just like in the Saints game the refs missed a facemask on Goff at the goal line the drive before the missed PI. And I get that people only talk about the missed opportunities on the losing team but be fair and not act like other things didnt happen. 

4 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

You can have a franchise QB and not be Super Bowl contenders as we have seen countless HOF’s throughout nfl history 

I agree but how many of those franchise QBs didnt have a competent coach? Like many consider McDermott to be a really good coach. He came in a changed the culture of the Bills. The only thing he hasnt done was taken the team to the Superbowl. But again as I say its hard to win a Superbowl. 

12 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I agree but how many of those franchise QBs didnt have a competent coach? Like many consider McDermott to be a really good coach. He came in a changed the culture of the Bills. The only thing he hasnt done was taken the team to the Superbowl. But again as I say its hard to win a Superbowl. 

The dolphins from 1983-1999 had both a HOF Coach and a HOF QB every year. How many years were they contenders…. 5 maybe? That’s kinda that point of the thread, the whole I have a Great QB so I’m a contender every year is nonsense

I don’t think Allen is a HOF QB and Sean definitely ain’t a HOF coach. 

Edited by CP3MVP

Absolutely closed until they retool. They are too streaky of a team to trust. If you extend "super bowl window" to literally any team that makes the playoffs that makes it a pretty irrelevant turn because there's always years when a bad team or 2 beats out a terrible division and gets into the playoffs by virtue of being the division winner.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2023 at 5:08 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

That said, I don’t think their window is closed. This year it is, with Milano out, but next year they’ll probably be one of the best teams again 

They're going to have some cap decisions to make being 40M over it.

I think Beane deserved some heat because he missed on some draft picks, but maybe he's turned it around with '22 and '23.

On 10/26/2023 at 9:58 AM, Trentwannabe said:

Closed? No.

Need a retooling year? Yeah most likely. 

With Milano, Tre and Daquan all gone the defense isn’t going to play at a championship level. The offense so far this season has not played at the level or at least not consistently enough.

They are running more this year but it’s not as efficient as it needs to be. Knox and Davis have not taken a much needed step and Morse may be nearing the end of his solid play.

The original core that McDermott brought in, in 2017 won’t win a SB but a new core of Rousseau, Oliver, Bernard, Kincaid, Torrence and next years draft could have a chance in 2025-2026. 

I still feel this way. Only difference for me now is the retooling year could come with a rookie HC. 

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Their window was rookie deal Josh Allen. It's 100% closed now.

Yet I'm assuming your Ravens, the Chiefs, Eagles and Bengals windows are still open despite thier QB's contracts?

Roster building is import. His contract like teams listed above isn't stopping that from occurring in Buffalo.  An incompetent GM/HC not being able too, will.

Edited by Nabbs4u