The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Many have, or at least used him and other schools as a diversion.

We've all seen evidence. The evidence is widely available. All of the documents are just extra confirmation, which isn't really needed because the dots are connecting themselves.

If ya ain't cheating ya ain't trying. Some people go by that mantra. Who cares who was really better as long as you can make people think you were better.

I've never claimed they weren't guilty. I believe everyone is doing it. Michigan pushed the limits to another level but also was dumb enough to have him on staff.

I have said I don't want them in the playoffs for it then to be vacated.

But I also see how sleezy the Big Ten was in this. They waited til Friday before game and a day court was closed. They also knew there was no was a UM judge was going to look like favoritism and let him coach today.

They knew they want to do this they should have stepped up earlier in week and done it.

There is just a lot bad with how Big Ten handled this. 

They should have acted sooner or waited for more evidence. They look sleezy with how it went down which is not a great look when they are touting image. 

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

@detfan782004 I think the timing can kinda be attributed to UM though. The Big Ten took what, 48 hours after UM gave their response? If UM didn’t wait to long then the schedule wouldn’t have been so tight. If the Big Ten had taken 4 days I’d definitely agree with you. 

There was nothing UM was gonna say that was gonna stop this 

1 minute ago, detfan782004 said:

There was nothing UM was gonna say that was gonna stop this 

Yeah I’m just saying I think on the other side of things they’d have been criticized if the day UM sent a response, they rendered a decision. It would have come across poorly. UM delivered their 10 page thing at the 11th hour. They kind of did this to themselves.

This whole story has been ridiculous. I wish I wasn't an OSU fan so I can appreciate it more, because it kind of sucks being the wronged party in a cheating scandal. 

@BigC421/ has been hilarious though, brilliant satire of a delusional UM fan. I've met many in my day, and your commitment to the bit has been admirable. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roger murdock said:

This whole story has been ridiculous. I wish I wasn't an OSU fan so I can appreciate it more, because it kind of sucks being the wronged party in a cheating scandal. 

@BigC421/ has been hilarious though, brilliant satire of a delusional UM fan. I've met many in my day, and your commitment to the bit has been admirable. 

I’m pretty sure he’s a parity account. 

• Like 4

The sad thing is, before all this despite him being weird/quirky, I respected Harbaugh the man, always came across as genuine. Now? He’s a complete charlatan and just more proof that I basically have lost hope in human beings who coach D-1 football.

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

If the NCAA does not move to communication via helmet after this I hope the players burn this house down.

NFL only been doing it 30 years 

It’s easy enough to implement and it will be interesting to see how it plays out. CFB offenses have been looking to the sidelines for adjustments for years now.  It’s so embedded in playcalling culture.  The helmet radio is effective in the NFL bcuz offenses don’t necessitate every player on offense to turn to the sidelines for instructions.  The QB makes all the adjustments accordingly. 

CFB offenses are going to have to adapt to a similar format and make adjustments via the  QB at the line.  Will they be able to relay these to the other players with verbiage only?  In hostile environments, they’ll likely need hand signals so the other players know what the call is.  These hand signals will also be analyzed and broken down for an edge lol. 

10 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

It’s easy enough to implement and it will be interesting to see how it plays out. CFB offenses have been looking to the sidelines for adjustments for years now.  It’s so embedded in playcalling culture.  The helmet radio is effective in the NFL bcuz offenses don’t necessitate every player on offense to turn to the sidelines for instructions.  The QB makes all the adjustments accordingly. 

CFB offenses are going to have to adapt to a similar format and make adjustments via the  QB at the line.  Will they be able to relay these to the other players with verbiage only?  In hostile environments, they’ll likely need hand signals so the other players know what the call is.  These hand signals will also be analyzed and broken down for an edge lol. 

It'll help develop kids for next level 

4 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

I've never claimed they weren't guilty. I believe everyone is doing it. Michigan pushed the limits to another level but also was dumb enough to have him on staff.

I have said I don't want them in the playoffs for it then to be vacated.

But I also see how sleezy the Big Ten was in this. They waited til Friday before game and a day court was closed. They also knew there was no was a UM judge was going to look like favoritism and let him coach today.

They knew they want to do this they should have stepped up earlier in week and done it.

There is just a lot bad with how Big Ten handled this. 

They should have acted sooner or waited for more evidence. They look sleezy with how it went down which is not a great look when they are touting image. 

I think that's just a Michigan fan looking for anything they can.

Yeah, we're guilty but punish us on a Tuesday not a Thursday, that is sleazy.

No one else sees it that way. There is a chance this season won't matter to the program anyway. They probably should have shut down the program until everything that needed fixed is fixed. Removal of staff, reprogramming of everyone else that partook. I imagine players were memorizing what was brought to them throughout the week and it was a part of their weekly meetings and game planning. That has to get removed from the day to day operation.

Saying the Big10 or NCAAF or whoever is sleazy while you look like Danny McGrath just comes off as weird.

df61c8c77c7434f811b7a4eb8c0ec4b9_large.j