2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

If I am AZ I have a bidding war for my pick.  MN, LV, NY and DNVR all seemingly want it. 

No position player is worth multiple high picks.  Not even MH jr.

Only QBs.

If I’m AZ and I’m looking to move the pick I want to leverage to get a deal with the Giants. That way I add draft capital and still guarantee myself MHJ or Nabers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

If I’m AZ and I’m looking to move the pick I want to leverage to get a deal with the Giants. That way I add draft capital and still guarantee myself MHJ or Nabers. 

Thats the thing, we have no idea what these teams outside the Top 10 are offering them to come up and take the FOURTH Quarterback. 

I could see a position player being worth more than that return, especially if you see a guy like MHJ as one of the best WR prospects ever (some do)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Thats the thing, we have no idea what these teams outside the Top 10 are offering them to come up and take the FOURTH Quarterback. 

I could see a position player being worth more than that return, especially if you see a guy like MHJ as one of the best WR prospects ever (some do)

I bet you its pretty high.  It starts at a 1st swap, a high 2024 pick and a 2025 1.

Time to chime in with a thought?  Maybe.....

Because of the abundance of highly ranked WR and teams needing a QB it's pretty certain 4 QBs and 3 WRs will go in the top ten.  Alt is a certainty as well.  If those are the first 8 picks in whatever order and to which teams whose left at #9 for us?

More than likely Turner would be the BPA unless as some believe ATL will draft Turner which would then leave Odunze or Nabers who then become the BPA.  Do we draft there since both positions are those we're considering or do we trade down?

We don't know how they feel about Turner.  He has the speed and playing style they favor for a RDE and huge upside if he can become a better overall football player.  Or do they like Latu, Verse, or Robinson more?  That should tell us what they'd do.

On the flipside if it's one of the WR I think Poles should take him.  No doubt we'll eventually extend Moore but an extension for Allen is less certain and then maybe only through 2025.  So IMHO we will need another top WR sooner than later.

There are no top 5 Edge Rushers in this draft so maybe the smart move is to not reach for one at all.  Are either of the top ranked DT viewed as better than Dexter who seems to be a type Flus favors?  Would any OT other than Alt be worth #9?

If as Flus indicated they're still fixated on doing all they can to help CW and a BPA WR is there at #9 we should probably take him as an investment in a potential #1 WR in the near future.  It also give that WR and CW a shot at developing rapport day one.

Rumor has it the 2025 DE/Edge class is much better so maybe they defer that pick for another year, find another DE who'll sign a one year deal, and spend that #75 pick on a DE to develop.  There are a few guys with some promise ranked there.

One way or another we're gonna come away from this offseason with some holes that still need to be filled next year so I would not pass up the chance to add a blue chip player at #9 to trade down for more 2nd tier type players.  We need more blue.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

nothing probably

It's never nothing hahaha...we will see this sort of nonsense for the next few weeks...just funny to think the social media team are hinting at the draft process haha

23 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

It's never nothing hahaha...we will see this sort of nonsense for the next few weeks...just funny to think the social media team are hinting at the draft process haha

i was just joking about my user name

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think you are looking too much into something a Social Media intern is posting

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think you are looking too much into something a Social Media intern is posting

Your missing the point man haha...I am saying it is funny they are trying to make you look to far into this sort of thing...it's like when in a week or so they post the "this is what the draft experts think we should do" like as if there are any actual hints in there hahahaha

48 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I thought you were making a gay joke.

My mind is messed up I guess.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, soulman said:

Time to chime in with a thought?  Maybe.....

Because of the abundance of highly ranked WR and teams needing a QB it's pretty certain 4 QBs and 3 WRs will go in the top ten.  Alt is a certainty as well.  If those are the first 8 picks in whatever order and to which teams whose left at #9 for us?

More than likely Turner would be the BPA unless as some believe ATL will draft Turner which would then leave Odunze or Nabers who then become the BPA.  Do we draft there since both positions are those we're considering or do we trade down?

We don't know how they feel about Turner.  He has the speed and playing style they favor for a RDE and huge upside if he can become a better overall football player.  Or do they like Latu, Verse, or Robinson more?  That should tell us what they'd do.

On the flipside if it's one of the WR I think Poles should take him.  No doubt we'll eventually extend Moore but an extension for Allen is less certain and then maybe only through 2025.  So IMHO we will need another top WR sooner than later.

There are no top 5 Edge Rushers in this draft so maybe the smart move is to not reach for one at all.  Are either of the top ranked DT viewed as better than Dexter who seems to be a type Flus favors?  Would any OT other than Alt be worth #9?

If as Flus indicated they're still fixated on doing all they can to help CW and a BPA WR is there at #9 we should probably take him as an investment in a potential #1 WR in the near future.  It also give that WR and CW a shot at developing rapport day one.

Rumor has it the 2025 DE/Edge class is much better so maybe they defer that pick for another year, find another DE who'll sign a one year deal, and spend that #75 pick on a DE to develop.  There are a few guys with some promise ranked there.

One way or another we're gonna come away from this offseason with some holes that still need to be filled next year so I would not pass up the chance to add a blue chip player at #9 to trade down for more 2nd tier type players.  We need more blue.

Good to see you Soul!

I'm pretty much in the same boat. If the Bears pick is up and Poles has Fashanu, Verse, Bowers and Fuaga all in the same bucket (he thinks they are blue chip talents), then fine. Trade back no more than to 13 to ensure you get one. If you think one is clearly higher and is the elite talent then don't gamble. Just get the standout talent.