Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

14 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Jets don't have 2nd round pick so it is going to be difficult to pull a trade for either.  Evans for lower compensation since he will hit FA after this season.

Correct but you never now what goes on in these talks. JD has done some great trades of late. 

12 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Let’s not completely overblow the offensive line issues. Miami has had the worst offensive line all season and they are not only functional but the best offense in the league.

The injuries suck, but this is happening all over the NFL. Rodgers had Billy Turner as a starting OT in Green Bay.

NYG game was ugly but what do you expect when your down to your 3rd C.

I agree here. The NFL as a whole has bad OL guys overall. I do think it has to do with the DL guys getting better faster and bigger. The eagles struggle to keep people off Hurts too and they are suppose to have one of the best OL. I think college has a lot to do with this too becasue most OL guys come into the league and struggle for awhile. You have a ton of LT guys get drafted and don't pan out. Most these guys move to RT or inside. 

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I agree here. The NFL as a whole has bad OL guys overall. I do think it has to do with the DL guys getting better faster and bigger. The eagles struggle to keep people off Hurts too and they are suppose to have one of the best OL. I think college has a lot to do with this too becasue most OL guys come into the league and struggle for awhile. You have a ton of LT guys get drafted and don't pan out. Most these guys move to RT or inside. 

Our O line has been terrible for at least three years, for one reason or another. I have never seen a worst run blocking o line in our history. Becton has been a major bust. The Jet O line just can't run block. It wasn't to many years ago when we had the best O line in our history when we had Brick, Mangold, Alan Fanic, Woody, & Moore.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Becton is not a major bust. 

I agree here. He was pick 11 so he is almost in the mid range 1st round pick. He is average and most people had him graded as a starting LT but not pro bowl starting LT. He has not really played that much and had a very strong rookie year. Then he had a terrbile string of injuries to really set him back. i think once he gets a good few games under him he will turn it around the right. This would be great timing for the playoff run too. Then you add the fact he has been LT then RT and back to LT. He also has had a lot off diffrent G beside him so the chemistry along the line is nver there. 

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Becton is not a major bust. 

He gives up a lot of sacks, but in between the sacks hes actually played well. Last week was kind of rough but we need him going forward. Sign him to a modest 2 year deal and see if he can stay healthy. Hes been paid to lose weight for 2 of the 4 years hes been here. 2 years 21mil 11 guaranteed. 

On 11/3/2023 at 2:11 PM, ekill08x said:

He gives up a lot of sacks, but in between the sacks hes actually played well. Last week was kind of rough but we need him going forward. Sign him to a modest 2 year deal and see if he can stay healthy. Hes been paid to lose weight for 2 of the 4 years hes been here. 2 years 21mil 11 guaranteed. 

Not too many teams are going to line up for a guy who played basically 1.5 years, missed 2 years running, and is finally on the field and his productivity has been "okay". I wouldn't give him more than a 2 year deal with escalators or a 4 year deal with a health stipulation along with a weight stipulation. There is a money factor with players going into a FA year.

Becton is not a perennial all pro, I would imagine he is at the lower spectrum of OT in the league, and if he wants to walk and another team is willing to pay him, I'm cool with that because I believe we would receive a 3rd round compensatory pick in return. 

Any fan worth his weight in gold knows the 2023 draft is screaming for the Jets to draft an O.T. or 2 and possibly a G.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

C J STROUD IN HIS FIRST YEAR HAS DONE MORE IN ONE GAME THAT ZACH WILSON HAS DONE IN THREE YEARS. CHECK HIS STATS OUT.

32 for42 for 470 yards 5 td passes 0 ints. 

Wilson still can't throw an accurate check down pass. 

Ya I never thought CJ would be this good. I'm kind of shocked on this. I am pretty sure that Caleb Williams is going to be a bust. The attitude and ego he has is not good. Telling people he wants part owner of the team that drafts him. Caleb how about you win some college games before you run your mouth. I'm just glad the Jets will not draft him. 

• Like 1

AR going down was the best thing that could have happened this year given this awful O-line. I don't know who's going to be available as a FA, but they have a first round pick to get a RT in here... maybe a swing tackle to replace Becton. They need to trade for or draft there, and then get another WR in here. Move on from Cobb, perhaps even Lazard. Zach will not be re-signed, so next year is pretty much all-in. You can deal the number one pick in '25 to get another weapon on offense. The defense can't lose too much going into next year. 

Best thing that can happen is that they are playing a meaningless game in Week 18, but have decent enough draft position to pick the right guy. Making the playoffs doesn't really help the franchise long term, unless they somehow win the division and make a run, which is still possible, but I think they get smoked by Buffalo and Miami when it comes time to play them again. So it's not a tank per say, but once Miami/Buffalo finally pull away, it should be tank mode.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Ya I never thought CJ would be this good. I'm kind of shocked on this. I am pretty sure that Caleb Williams is going to be a bust. The attitude and ego he has is not good. Telling people he wants part owner of the team that drafts him. Caleb how about you win some college games before you run your mouth. I'm just glad the Jets will not draft him. 

QB with an ego coming to NYC? Can't see any off-field issues happening there.

I'm hoping all the focus on Caleb and Drake mean that there is QB talent going under the radar that we can pick up either late in the first, or second, or third. We just need someone else besides Wilson to backup AR because we know what Wilson is and its exhausting to watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WheatieMan said:

AR going down was the best thing that could have happened this year given this awful O-line. I don't know who's going to be available as a FA, but they have a first round pick to get a RT in here... maybe a swing tackle to replace Becton. They need to trade for or draft there, and then get another WR in here. Move on from Cobb, perhaps even Lazard. Zach will not be re-signed, so next year is pretty much all-in. You can deal the number one pick in '25 to get another weapon on offense. The defense can't lose too much going into next year. 

Best thing that can happen is that they are playing a meaningless game in Week 18, but have decent enough draft position to pick the right guy. Making the playoffs doesn't really help the franchise long term, unless they somehow win the division and make a run, which is still possible, but I think they get smoked by Buffalo and Miami when it comes time to play them again. So it's not a tank per say, but once Miami/Buffalo finally pull away, it should be tank mode.

I don't thinbk Miami or the Bills are that good. Miami has not beat a winning team yet and the Bills are on a down hill slide right now. The Jets will split with Miami and the Bills game will be a toss up. This Jets team is getting better and better as the weeks go on. The Bills and Miami are getting worse and worse. The crazy part is the Jets have way more injuries than the Bills or Miami. 

43 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't thinbk Miami or the Bills are that good. Miami has not beat a winning team yet and the Bills are on a down hill slide right now. The Jets will split with Miami and the Bills game will be a toss up. This Jets team is getting better and better as the weeks go on. The Bills and Miami are getting worse and worse. The crazy part is the Jets have way more injuries than the Bills or Miami. 

Nah, it's more so injuries and scheduling. Bills will be fine. Last night was bad though, but not unexpected. Bengals/Ravens/Chiefs are in that upper Tier, then Bills/Dolphins/Jags. Then you got that log jam where I honestly can't think of a single AFC team that can be outright eliminated from the 7th seed discussion aside from NE/Denver.

5 hours ago, Big T said:

Not too many teams are going to line up for a guy who played basically 1.5 years, missed 2 years running, and is finally on the field and his productivity has been "okay". I wouldn't give him more than a 2 year deal with escalators or a 4 year deal with a health stipulation along with a weight stipulation. There is a money factor with players going into a FA year.

Becton is not a perennial all pro, I would imagine he is at the lower spectrum of OT in the league, and if he wants to walk and another team is willing to pay him, I'm cool with that because I believe we would receive a 3rd round compensatory pick in return. 

Any fan worth his weight in gold knows the 2023 draft is screaming for the Jets to draft an O.T. or 2 and possibly a G.

there is absolutely no chance we get even close to a 3rd round pick for losing him. no shot. we have to keep him and we need to draft a wr too. that room outside of wilson is horrible.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Nah, it's more so injuries and scheduling. Bills will be fine. Last night was bad though, but not unexpected. Bengals/Ravens/Chiefs are in that upper Tier, then Bills/Dolphins/Jags. Then you got that log jam where I honestly can't think of a single AFC team that can be outright eliminated from the 7th seed discussion aside from NE/Denver.

It is going to be a crazy race just like in years past. No team will be offically out until Christmas time again.