Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

45 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Wentz to the Rams.

It’s amazing what all these other teams do when they realize they have no QB on the roster. Not the Jets. Gotta keep rolling with that #2 draft pick.

What’s annoying is we’ll never find out. Is it Woody, JD, Hackett, Rodgers? Someone doesn’t want us bringing in another QB. And for all 4 of those names, I can’t think of a good reason why any of them want Zach out there. 

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Wentz to the Rams.

It’s amazing what all these other teams do when they realize they have no QB on the roster. Not the Jets. Gotta keep rolling with that #2 draft pick.

Dude threw for over 250 yards with no picks while facing pressure all over the place. Drops, penalties, an early deficit and a non existent running game allowed the chargers pass rush to tee off. No screens or bootlegs utilized to help either. Any time they utilized the hurry up, Zach moved the ball. That opening 2nd half drive looked great, right up until they stopped the hurry up and he got killed by trash offensive line play.

I'm not sure I really understand what this fan base expects. Zach was expected to be the backup. He got thrust into the season because the line got Rodgers killed 4 plays into the season. You aren't going to have a starting caliber QB sitting behind Rodgers and Wilson, since the last TD drive of the patriots game has been about what you would expect from a backup QB playing behind a garbage line with only on receiver with any sort of ability. 

Lazard and Cobb are the 2nd and 3rd wrs and both are near the top of the league in drops.

What exactly do you think Carson Wentz is going to bring to the table at this point in his career? He can't read a defense either. He lacks mobility because of his leg injuries, he is a known locker room cancer. He doesn't know the playbook at all. He hasn't been good since 2017.

LIke it or not, Zach was the only option as a backup at this point. He is showing growth but the offense is simply too inconsistent in all phases. Even the savior Breece Hall hasn't been doing anything behind this line. Over his last three games he has totaled 40 carries for 106 yards.  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

What’s annoying is we’ll never find out. Is it Woody, JD, Hackett, Rodgers? Someone doesn’t want us bringing in another QB. And for all 4 of those names, I can’t think of a good reason why any of them want Zach out there. 

I can think of a good reason for Douglas and Saleh, they drafted him. 

Otherwise I think they were okay just punting on this season. We all knew what Zach was. A couple fluky wins doesn’t change anything, this was going to catch up to them eventually.

Just now, drew39k said:

Dude threw for over 250 yards with no picks while facing pressure all over the place. Drops, penalties, an early deficit and a non existent running game allowed the chargers pass rush to tee off. No screens or bootlegs utilized to help either. Any time they utilized the hurry up, Zach moved the ball. That opening 2nd half drive looked great, right up until they stopped the hurry up and he got killed by trash offensive line play.

I'm not sure I really understand what this fan base expects. Zach was expected to be the backup. He got thrust into the season because the line got Rodgers killed 4 plays into the season. You aren't going to have a starting caliber QB sitting behind Rodgers and Wilson, since the last TD drive of the patriots game has been about what you would expect from a backup QB playing behind a garbage line with only on receiver with any sort of ability. 

Lazard and Cobb are the 2nd and 3rd wrs and both are near the top of the league in drops.

What exactly do you think Carson Wentz is going to bring to the table at this point in his career? He can't read a defense either. He lacks mobility because of his leg injuries, he is a known locker room cancer. He doesn't know the playbook at all. He hasn't been good since 2017.

LIke it or not, Zach was the only option as a backup at this point. He is showing growth but the offense is simply too inconsistent in all phases. Even the savior Breece Hall hasn't been doing anything behind this line. Over his last three games he has totaled 40 carries for 106 yards.  

He air mailed his first pass to an open receiver. He played awful, just like the rest of the offense.

Obviously you can’t bench the entire offense but you have to TRY SOMETHING. Whether that’s taking playcalling duties from Hackett, or changing the QB.

Stop making excuses. Zach Wilson sucks, there’s two plus years of evidence. It’s the only viable chance you can realistically make. Play Siemien then.

You want to just keep rolling this offense out there week in and week out and think something is just going to magically change? 

39 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Yeah I'm firmly in the ZW sucks boat, but also believe that he was the only way forward. Paying a different QB to not be Aaron Rodgers makes no sense to me and ZW has been about as good as every other available QB over the season. He's not good, be he's not nearly as bad as he was last year.

I’m not saying sign Carson Wentz.

The point is we are the only team that accepts such an abysmal offensive performance week in and week out and just wanna shrug it off because aw shucks our starter got hurt in the first 4 snaps. 

Changing the QB or demoting Hackett is really the only thing that can be done.

Edited by GangGreen420

The whole of the Jets offense from OL to WR's and the OC are terrible. The last time the Jets had a good offensive line was when we had a mediocre QB called Sanchez. Then we were blessed with Idzek years followed by Mac-gag-nin. We took years to address the line, so we draft 2 number 1's who combined have missed 4 years plus in their first 5 years. 

While I'm not sure Zach is the answer, I do know this, the OL is in shambles, Hackett has to go, and we only have one legit WR in Wilson. Our RB room is anemic and we have a guy like I.A who we drafted in the 5th round catching splinters.  

The Jets cannot continue down the road their on, otherwise 10 points will beat them, because they have trouble scoring 14.

3 minutes ago, Big T said:

The whole of the Jets offense from OL to WR's and the OC are terrible. The last time the Jets had a good offensive line was when we had a mediocre QB called Sanchez. Then we were blessed with Idzek years followed by Mac-gag-nin. We took years to address the line, so we draft 2 number 1's who combined have missed 4 years plus in their first 5 years. 

While I'm not sure Zach is the answer, I do know this, the OL is in shambles, Hackett has to go, and we only have one legit WR in Wilson. Our RB room is anemic and we have a guy like I.A who we drafted in the 5th round catching splinters.  

The Jets cannot continue down the road their on, otherwise 10 points will beat them, because they have trouble scoring 14.

He’s not the only problem. But he is the biggest problem.

43 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm more mad about him than the talent on the field. Aaron Rodgers will buy him some time, but he'll get fired shortly afterwards.  

I’m constantly battling back and forth if he’s the guy. But I guess since I’m doing that, that means he isn’t. See what we can do with Rodgers next year and then hopefully we didn’t miss out on an offensive head coach when Saleh gets replaced. 

We'd be crazy to let Rob go. He's a defensive HC and our defense is literally winning us games despite the worst offense in the league. Sure, our offense under him is bad, but it's clearly because we have bad OCs. The only reason we have Hackett is because of Rodgers, and it was worth having Rodgers, but now we have to suffer until Rodgers can get back on the field.

If Rodger's doesn't come back next year, I would let Rob and Joe pick a real OC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

We'd be crazy to let Rob go. He's a defensive HC and our defense is literally winning us games despite the worst offense in the league. Sure, our offense under him is bad, but it's clearly because we have bad OCs. The only reason we have Hackett is because of Rodgers, and it was worth having Rodgers, but now we have to suffer until Rodgers can get back on the field.

If Rodger's doesn't come back next year, I would let Rob and Joe pick a real OC.

Starting to have the same sentiment here. He built a top 5 defense and it may be closer to the top than to 5. Its not the Browns, that unit is special, but we are pretty damn good and could you imagine where it would be with a bigger DT next to Q and better safety play. I also believe that are good at developing project players. Something we have been able to do in a long time. Clearly just haven't built a deep enough team at the area we always seem to be decimated with injuries (not from not trying) and we always seem to have really bad QB play.

However as far as Saleh goes, as frustrating as it seems because of the complete lack of offense, he seems to be a terrific leader with this group. They play for him. The locker room seems pretty cohesive regardless of the struggles on one side of the ball. His scheme works. I think hes way too nice sometimes and I also don't think he has balls at times. His game management scares me at times, but we are winning close games and he should get credit in part for it. Of all the things to be deficient in, I could live with that. The leadership aspect and the proof that what hes proficient in is an enormous strength is going to buy him a lot of time and it should. This is the type of leader we want. I do think he could be a winner. 

I think Joe Douglas has drafted some great players, has had his misses but he at least is pretty responsible with the cap, prioritizes the right areas and isn't afraid to be aggressive. I have been critical of them both and I stand by feeling he dropped the ball at the deadline and a complete lack of depth at some positions. I do think it could be much worse as it has been and partly because of such a poor track record, we may have to give this regime a little more leeway. Not much more but just a little. As frustrating as it sounds after that debacle last night, Rodgers really would make a world of difference. I feel for the kid, its not even all of his fault, but its just not working. It feels like Boyle is such a waste if hes not really even playable. 

Rodgers cronies that are here are the biggest issue. Nate Hackett was such a horrible hire and I think we all knew it. Its like when we hired gase as a HC and everyone knew it was not a good hire and we almost just tried to talk ourselves into it. Hackett is that bad of a hire. Lazard is not even worth talking about he is so useless. Cobb can't play football anymore. Turner should have been released already. All his boys. If he comes back, he needs to cut the chord. We wont be able to get rid of Hackett or Lazard but the other two have to go and aside for Adams, I don't care who he wants to bring in next year. Let the GM do what he wants. 

• Like 1