Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

there is absolutely no chance we get even close to a 3rd round pick for losing him. no shot. we have to keep him and we need to draft a wr too. that room outside of wilson is horrible.

I think the Jets should sign Becton to a small 2 year deal and if he does well sign him to a bigger contract. Unless some team spends big bucks on him he will be a Jet next year. I want the the best OL guy in FA here followed by drafting an OL guy in the first round. This would be huge. I want one of the Smith to be the LT. Tyron Smith and Donovan Smith who are FA and i would take a look at Johan Williams from Cinn too. One of these 3 guys will be let go. 

This team is just plan gross. There is no heart or win in the O and the D is always picking up the slack. I think a lot of this falls right on Saleh. He needs to make some moves and shake it up. Him going up saying this was not Zach's fault is getting old really fast. You either start calling players out of start getting ride of your coaching staff to shake things up. If not then he should be fired at the end of the season. This team is a mess and I know they will come in beat the Raiders give you hope for a playoff spot but then boom lose the next game. 

The Jets only gave up a total of 191 total yards to the Chargers, defensive played great, the same can't be said about the offensive. After eight games the Jets are the worst offensive team in their history this year. It was just on the sports news two hours ago. We all know about the Lousy O line this year and the pass few years. BUT THE QB POSITION HAS BEEN SHAKEY FOR YEARS. HOW MUCH OF THIS PROBLEM IS ZACH WILSON???  THERE HAVE BEEN TIMES WHEN Wilson SHOWS FLASHES, BUT THEY ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

The Jets only gave up a total of 191 total yards to the Chargers, defensive played great, the same can't be said about the offensive. After eight games the Jets are the worst offensive team in their history this year. It was just on the sports news two hours ago. We all know about the Lousy O line this year and the pass few years. BUT THE QB POSITION HAS BEEN SHAKEY FOR YEARS. HOW MUCH OF THIS PROBLEM IS ZACH WILSON???  THERE HAVE BEEN TIMES WHEN Wilson SHOWS FLASHES, BUT THEY ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN.

Those are not flashes of Zach those are just plan luck. He got lucky a few times to make him look good. I don't even think Zach will be in the league in 2-3 years. He will be let go and some team will sign him to a backup job. The folowing year that team will let him go and he will get one more chance with another team and that will be it. They will cut him and his NFL career will be over. 

They went all in for Rodgers. When it doesn’t work next year we will be back at square one with a new GM and HC…Jets are in purgatory. Douglas tried, but his signings have been abysmal and we still can make the playoffs. I do think both him and Saleh have a good idea how to put a team together, but the choices on offense the OC have just be horrific. If Rodgers wants Hackett, they can both kick rocks. Sean Payton is a class A jerk off and had no right to come out and talk about Hackett to the media, but this guy is just a terrible coach. 

• Like 2

I would love to know what’s going on behind the scenes. There’s no way Saleh wants to keep trotting out Zach, right? Is it Woody who is forcing it? I don’t feel conviction when Saleh says it’s too hard for someone to learn the playbook. Or is it JD not wanting to bench Zach?  It’s been made aware that Reich wanted Stroud but Carolina management forced his hand with Young. I don’t think Saleh is a terrible coach but there’s no way he’s okay (and happy) with Zach. 

26 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I would love to know what’s going on behind the scenes. There’s no way Saleh wants to keep trotting out Zach, right? Is it Woody who is forcing it? I don’t feel conviction when Saleh says it’s too hard for someone to learn the playbook. Or is it JD not wanting to bench Zach?  It’s been made aware that Reich wanted Stroud but Carolina management forced his hand with Young. I don’t think Saleh is a terrible coach but there’s no way he’s okay (and happy) with Zach. 

He’s not, just look at his face and body language. He’d drag Wilson off the field himself if it was up to him.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

They went all in for Rodgers. When it doesn’t work next year we will be back at square one with a new GM and HC…Jets are in purgatory. Douglas tried, but his signings have been abysmal and we still can make the playoffs. I do think both him and Saleh have a good idea how to put a team together, but the choices on offense the OC have just be horrific. If Rodgers wants Hackett, they can both kick rocks. Sean Payton is a class A jerk off and had no right to come out and talk about Hackett to the media, but this guy is just a terrible coach. 

There is no doubt, in my mind Hackett &  Lazzaard, were not Douglas choice, but they were the people Rodgers wanted.